Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«283 »
Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Caffeine content is, I believe, largely dependent on roast. The lighter the roast, the more caffeine the coffee will have. Maybe Turkish coffee uses a darker roast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

panties

If you're using 20g for espresso and 20g for turkish it shouldn't be much difference at all in terms of caffeine. Don't use scoops, use a scale.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Turkish coffee typically uses darker roasts yes, but I doubt that would be a noticeable difference. It definitely feels stronger to me in a sense, but I also use substantially more coffee in a cezve than I would a single cup pour over or whatever.

Anyway, Turkish coffee is good and I miss it and youíve reminded me to start making it again. Cardamom is pretty standard; it can also be found with no spices, or pretty much any combination of the following: cinnamon, clove, coriander, ginger, allspice, anise, mace, nutmeg, vanilla, I think Iíve seen black pepper too. Some people make it with a pinch of salt. Iíve never seen it unsweetened though. Experiment!

«283 »