Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«288 »
Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Yup. I use one of those in my office every day. Itís definitely comparable to a normal stove top moka pot.

Pour some sugar in a paper cup. Add the very first drips of coffee to the sugar and stir like hell. Pour the rest of the coffee over your sugary paste and stir to combine.

Congrats. Now you have Cuban cafecito.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Thanks dude, I figured it wouldn't be too different. I have a moka pot at home, and drink it without sugar because I'm a lazy heathen.

Now for a pretty goofy and specific question: do you guys have any decent guides on water quality and brewing coffee? I'm in florida so I figure that the high Ca content of the water is kind of a huge part of the traditional Cubano flavor, but I've got some time to read up on the matter. We have a DI water setup here and it shouldn't be too hard to measure out a dry mix to make enough treated water to last for a while.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

I sent my recently deceased 6 year old, highly flogged, Vario back to Baratza (turned out to be a dead board) and they had it back to me within a week with all sorts of extras installed for their $90 fee. I sprung for an extra $40 on top of that for new burrs. They really did a great job.

It runs quieter than it did back in 2012 when it was brand new.

qutius
Apr 2, 2003
NO PARTIES

Keyser_Soze posted:

I sent my recently deceased 6 year old, highly flogged, Vario back to Baratza (turned out to be a dead board) and they had it back to me within a week with all sorts of extras installed for their $90 fee. I sprung for an extra $40 on top of that for new burrs. They really did a great job.

It runs quieter than it did back in 2012 when it was brand new.

Their customer service and repair teams really do kick a bunch of rear end.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Is there a magic cold brew ratio or method? Or is it just put ground coffee beans in cold water until I like the taste kind of thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterControl
Jul 28, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

goodness posted:

Is there a magic cold brew ratio or method? Or is it just put ground coffee beans in cold water until I like the taste kind of thing

You can.it just s messy cleaning up. Easiest home method is get a cloth bag (nut milk bag on amazon), put in a 12oz bag coarse ground then place in a gallon pitcher and fill to the top with water. Brew it cold for 16-24 hours. Concentrate usually is 1:10 so one 12oz bag and a gallon is 1:11. 1 gram to 11ml water. Add water to your taste.

If you have a large French press it works too.

«288 »