Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

My Cometeer order just arrived; tomorrow morning should be interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i tried the Tales Coffee v60 thing, which is basically "make a well then pour your entire pour in one 30s go" and it's both the simplest method i've done and also the first time i've actually got really good, sweet coffee out of this v60

truly not sure where i'm loving up Hoffman or 4:6 (probably my grind, as i had a bad old infinity until recently) but i have just not had good luck with those two super-popular methods

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

A 30 second V60 is probably underextracted and "incorrect," but who cares if it tastes good to you.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Mu Zeta posted:

A 30 second V60 is probably underextracted and "incorrect," but who cares if it tastes good to you.

turns out i was totally misremembering, it's "one pour in around 60 seconds, for about 2:00-2:30 total time" not one pour in 30s, but it was just the opposite, it's the first time i properly extracted it and didn't get something weak and overly sour

odds are i just got lucky and finally didn't gently caress up some combination of several variables in some way, i should probably go back and re-try the other methods with the new grinder

eke out fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Apr 15, 2021