Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar
Weird customer situation at work today, haha. A guy comes in and asks for a decaf, which we make as a decaf Americano, so I start making it. He sees how much water is in the cup and says he doesn't want very much water, mostly espresso, as the shot's already pouring into it. He starts telling me to stop the shot, so I press the stop button, and then tells me to hand him his drink. He says this isn't what he wanted at all but he'll take it. I obviously offer to make him what he wanted, no problem at all, but he declines. I'm dumbfounded. He wasn't in a hurry or anything, as he was drinking it in the shop, but refused to let me make him what he originally wanted and sat and enjoyed his cup of hot water with half a shot of decaf. Which is the opposite of what he wanted, pretty sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar

Kaluza-Klein posted:

As per some of your instructions, I have been scouring craigslist for a decent espresso grinder and finally hit on a "Rosito Bisani" grinder for $150. I will email for more information, but is this at all promising?

It is hard to tell from the single crap picture what model it is, but it looks to be in a commercial setting and has a doser.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/bfs/3141925801.html

Looks like the exact one we use at my work for espresso, and it does a drat fine job. Might be a little overkill for home use, but it's a good price. It's loud too, so keep that in mind if that's an issue. Ours have a grind catching tray where the indent is on the bottom, but you don't necessarily need it. Also it's kind of a pain to adjust if you're going to be switching between different types of grind, but if you just want to dial it in to make delicious espresso, shouldn't be a problem.