Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone iced coffee? Or cold brew? :gbsmith: I need an honest opinion, am I weird for asking for a splash of cream in my cold brews or putting a splash when I make cold brew?

I need verification that the local baristas are the weird ones, and not me.

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Dec 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I never tip :shepface:

Good to know, I recently discovered using heavy whipping cream and I don't know if I can drink coffee any other way now adays. Heard good things about butter aswell. Not to say I don't drink coffee black. Local Nitro Cold Crew shop has wonderful brews on tap. I'd happily drink them as is, but every now and then when I ask for cream they point me to the back corner where they keep the powered cream. :smith: I hate powder :smith:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I guess I fall into the "I like cream" side of things. A splash of milk/half&half with my coffee iced or hot and I'm good to go! That's mostly because I drink house brews and cheap poo poo. If I had access to or was about to order some sort unbelievably good brew. Then sure, I'd go black.

Also, I'm currently drinking NesCafe insta coffee dark roast with a splash of hazelnut CoffeeMate cream. :goofy:

I also ate a snack sized slim jim for breakfast. No, I don't know what I'm doing with my life. Get off my back, mom!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've grown accustom to using Splenda or Equal or any other fake sugars. My majority of my family was apparently diabetic and I just assumed that was sugar growing up. If I got my cheap coffee with my half&half I gotta put one or two packets in there or else it doesn't "taste right" to me. Real sugar doesn't cut it!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sextro posted:

Why would you even waste time drinking coffee that isn't good enough to have black? Take a caffeine pill if you're just an addict getting a fix.

N..n..no!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Why not just put a slpash of coffee into a cup of whiskey. Also cream.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

This is pretty much how my family drinks coffee. I have a pumpkin spice and gingerbread cookie flavored creamer in my fridge right now!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I got some of the civet poo poo coffee for Christmas last year aka a month ago. How would I go about brewing this? Also, the best way to brew it. If I'm gonna drink some poo poo I hope I get that poo poo right.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

rockcity posted:

I've only had it once and it was pourover. It was pretty good, but not super remarkable. Super mellow and not a lot going on flavorwise, but low on the bitterness and just a nice mild nuttiness.

*insert Austin powers joke here*

Pour over it is

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sir Lemming posted:

The first time I made cold brew I didn't realize the recipe was intended to be diluted afterward. I was taken aback that I had plowed through the same amount of grounds that usually lasts me 4 days in a day and a half...
:wtc: I'm supposed to dilute my cold brew??
I've been making that poo poo and drinking it next day like nothing...I mean I like it that way. I routinely order 'LIGHT ICE' when I get an iced coffee/brew from a cafe. Get that gross water outta there! EW!

Sextro posted:

Just admit you're addicted to caffeine and pop a pill you loving junkie. Why go through all these weird contortions when you don't actually want or like coffee?
hey man gently caress u. I love burnt liquid beans juice.

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 6, 2019

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mu Zeta posted:

The good coffee shops make ice cubes out of coffee so that doesn't happen.

:hmmyes:

Local cookie shop doesn't come a long way in the making of coffee, but at least they make coffee ice cubes.

Also the cookies are good.

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Feb 7, 2019

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'll be honest with you guys, I use the Donut Shop coffee grounds from walmart. A giant bag of the stuff is like 6-7 bucks or something. I make a small bottle of the stuff every now and then.
https://www.amazon.com/Hario-FIC-70...E10140B2NSMK0AM

I use a Hario Coffee bottle. But I mean...if I happen to get access too or buy better beans I use them. This is my cheapo fix.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DangerZoneDelux posted:

That's gotta be insanely bitter. I tried a friend's cold brew with a similar pre-ground bean and I barely could handle a sip, in fairness he hated it too and he just got a nice Mexican bean from a farmers market and them do a coarse grind on it from then on.

idk, I was raised on cheap garbage coffee for my whole life. Folgers, Walmart generic brand, what ever that poo poo is at Dennys. Kinda gotta weird thing for it and like it alot. Plus I always throw in some half & half and some vanilla syrup if I got any. All that poo-poo coffee really lets me enjoy an actual good cuppa joe. When I eventually get to a cafe or get some good rear end beans I can tell the difference night and day.

This probably explains alot of my choices for beer as well...

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm like a cheap coffee connoisseur. Whatcha wanna get yourself is some MAXWELL HOUSE....

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Thumposaurus posted:

This started off as simply trying to readjust the water dose level rod thingies.
Turned into an all out defunking of the water dose tank. Huge flakes of some kind of bio-film/scale. Have it soaking with hot vinegar for now will flush it out thoroughly after the fact.

Dang, and I thought taking apart my Kuerig was a hassle. Put it back together and I had water leaking out of every crack. :downs:

I miss that Kuerig, it was great for a cheapo fix of coffee.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Today I learned to use a stove top espressos maker. It's so easy. I have no idea why I never bought one of these before... :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

silvergoose posted:

Make Japanese iced coffee instead: about a third of the water is ice instead, make pourover with the rest directly onto the ice, done.

Oh poo poo son, Imma tell my wife she's been doing it JAPANESE style this whole time. She's gonna feel fauncy.

Sextro posted:

Cold Brew is good and you shouldn't waste your time dialing it in.

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Apr 22, 2019