Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I'm not a coffee drinker. I did, however, look into cold brews and thought the Starbucks cold brew with vanilla sweet cream would be a good test to see if I can drink the stuff. Seems like a bad choice, since it tastes like a skunk poo poo in my mouth.

So what would be a decent mild roast (I really don't like the bitter coffee taste) that I can easily pick up for a cold brew experiment? I'm going to try a DIY vanilla sweet cream that I found online, and I would like to do a proper experiment with a not-poo poo coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I'm in Connecticut. Trader Joe's is a bit of a drive, but doable. I'll check them out. Thanks!

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

qutius posted:

I'm kinda curious why you're trying to drink coffee when you're not a fan of coffee...

I'm looking for a pick me up in the morning. Long drive, early workday, etc. I heard that cold brew was smoother and with the sweet cream mixed in, I thought it would be something I would find palatable. I'll give it a shot - if I don't like it, no harm, no foul.