Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry
Chalk up another Aeropress fan. I've had drip machines, French presses, and the AP, and they've all got their place. If I had to make coffee for more than two people, drip machine. 1-2 folks get the FP, and when it's just me, it's AP all the way.

One thing the AP really did for me was get me to start drinking black coffee. It was too much effort to doctor up a double shot with cream and sugar, and the coffee was smooth enough that I just started drinking it straight and black.

As a side note, if you have access to hot water for tea or whatever, the AP's about the most work-friendly coffee maker I've seen. Way better than the K-cups they've got at the office.

Edit: \/\/ Yeah it might just be a peculiarity with my office because I have a sink available, but it's just "unscrew cap, pop puck into trash, give everything a 2-second rinse, put in drainer". I can certainly see how the CCD would be easy, too, especially with no sink access.

lousy hat fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 30, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry

GrAviTy84 posted:

I think the leaching thing is a non issue. These should be* food safe plastics that won't leach, also the contact time is so small I don't think it matters.

And if it helps, the Aeropress was changed to non-BPA plastic once BPA came out as being so bad for you. From what I understand that's why the new ones are a smoke color as opposed to the old crystal clear.

Here's the Aerobie page on their materials.