Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biggfoo
Sep 12, 2005

My god, it's full of :jeb:!
Anyone have an experience with a Crossland CC1? It looks like a re-brand of a Gee and comes in around the same price as a Silvia but with a PID built in. I have been mulling around the idea of getting one but other than the Seattle coffee gear videos I haven't seen much about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biggfoo
Sep 12, 2005

My god, it's full of :jeb:!

Keyser S0ze posted:

I took my Aeropress and Hario #2 cone camping this last weekend and felt very goony :smug: even though I was using pre-ground coffee (like some kind of commoner) from Temple in Sacto that I ground beforehand in my Vario.

I take an Aeropress and a Hario Mini mill camping all the time. Neither is very heavy and they both pack down small with easy/quick clean up. I measure out the full beans by weight into snack size ziplocs. Grind the beans while I wait for the water to boil. It gets some strange looks at first but it's worth it. Nothing makes quick friends with a ranger like a solid cup of coffee.

biggfoo fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Oct 16, 2012