Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

aldantefax posted:

Nawww.

It's all good. It should arrive some time next week. I will have pictures.

Where are the pictures Fax. We must know your 250lb Tea Mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Just dropped about 50 bucks on a large assortment of puerh samplers from Teavivre, so that should be tasty.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

I now have like eighteen different puerh tea samplers :ohdear:

Teavivre was nice and gave me two more puerhs as free samples

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Archenteron posted:

I now have like eighteen different puerh tea samplers :ohdear:

Teavivre was nice and gave me two more puerhs as free samples

So one of those samples is their Moonlight Beauty Raw Pu-erh Loose Tea, which according to their website, is a new style of lightly fermented almost-white-tea pu'erh. It was a very pleasant light brew with a subtle malty sweetness to it. I've never seen that style of tea leaf before (the long thick buds). Due to the amount of tea in the sampler and the difficulty measuring it, I ended up doing some sort of weird teapot/gonfu hybrid brew: loaded up the infuser basket in my little tetsubin and started at a 3min brew, increasing by 20 seconds each subsequent time. Got a full day's worth of very nice drinking out of it.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Thirding that. Teavivre has a very nice selection and quality of teas, shipping is long as can kinda be expected, I got a bunch of Pu'Erh sampler packs from them and the free samples they included were two other pu'erhs that I didn't order, so that was nice :3:

Be aware that your bank/credit card might quirk an eyebrow at you when suddenly you have a ($money) charge order from Hong Kong show up.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

I picked up a collection of raw and ripe Pu'Erh samplers from Teavivre during their black friday sale. Shipping was pretty long since it's hong kong based, but I enjoy the variety

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Pyromancer posted:

There is a chemical problem there - the spicy hot compounds of chili, black pepper or ginger are all oil-soluble and hydrophobic so you can't get a lot of them to pass into tea unless you add some kind of fat - so milk tea or butter tea, tibetan-style.
Maybe you can trick the process by using finely ground cayenne though - it's not really dissolved heat, but it'll float suspended in there.

Infusing the spicy components into some milk and then drying it into powdered milk as an additive could be a thing, though at that point you're getting food sciency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Biomute posted:

I do have some pu-erh, but the cheap one tastes of tobacco and the expensive one of wet compost. It's not quite the malty brew I am after, but maybe I need to try something specific. Also, I keep stabbing myself in the hand whenever I try to break open one my cakes.

See if you can find a sample of Kenyan Tinderet tea?