Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oneliquidninja
Jan 6, 2007

I swear I wrote something funny here.
My wife and I recently got into tea in order to cut back on our soda/coffee consumption.

I've always been a fan of sweetened green tea so I started out by ordering a bunch of loose leaf green tea samples from adagio and I've noticed that some of it is kinda bitter (the gunpowder for instance).

So my question is is this because I'm over steeping it or steeping it in too hot of water or is there a certain amount of acquired taste phenomena like with coffee I'm just going to have to deal with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oneliquidninja
Jan 6, 2007

Can anyone recommend a nice mild and maybe sweet green tea that I can order from upton?

I tried Adagio's green tea sampler and liked their gun powder and white monkey but upton's gun powder tastes to much like sea weed to me (or at least the first variety I tried). I'd really like something like white monkey but at a lower price point.

Here's the white monkey for reference.

http://www.adagio.com/green/white_monkey.html

oneliquidninja
Jan 6, 2007

Yeah, I've been careful with that and have experimented with less steeping to try to get it to taste better. Even temped it out and steeped it for a minute less than the package suggested.