Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Someone mentioned the Taylors of Harrogate Yorkshire tea on the last page--I've always loved English Breakfast tea, and after trying something like nine different brands, I found and latched onto the Yorkshire Gold kind. It's now my go-to when I want milky sweet tea. I can only find it locally in bags, but it's still my absolute favorite; once I use up my current box of teabags I'm going to internet me up some of the loose-leaf kind.

I'm also fond of the Ito En bottled teas, particularly the green jasmine (this stuff right here). I tend to look really askance at bottled green tea, because the American-made stuff is all super-sweet and gross, but Ito En's tea is completely unsweetened and the flavor is lovely. Whenever I hit up the Uwajimaya I come home with at least four bottles of this stuff.

Weirdly, Ito En makes a variety of their bottled green teas for the American market called Teas' Tea; as far as I can tell it's the same tea in different packaging with a higher price tag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
This Hiroshima-area company just opened a tiny shop here in Seattle (at University Village):

http://www.yuitea.com/

I tripped over the store-let by accident, had samples pressed on me, and ended up coming away with a small packet of their Matcha and Rice Aroma green tea because it is so good. It's reminiscent of genmaicha, but lighter. And really delicious. :3:

They claim that their online store will be open in early 2012!