Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Holy hell lapsang souchong. It smells like the incense they use at Church. I only bought it for a BBQ sauce recipe...but it's the most goddamn delicious tea I've ever drank. I was not expecting to like it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

I'm a junkie for the Adagio flavored blacks. My favorites are the blueberry, the oriental spice, the coconut, summer rose, and hibiscus. I also like the jasmine greens they have (not as much as the oolong they used to) and the ginseng green. To my surprise I also love the Lapsang souchong and may start drinking it more than any of that. I did not like the Earl Grey Moonlight either, but Earl Grey Bravo is decent. It's the tea that started me loose leaf, but I eventually got bored with it and started trying other flavors.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Hmm, looks like "Add milk" is in the wrong spot.

pointsofdata posted:

Tea making procedure:
Put kettle on.
Go do something.
Put water in mug with tea
Do something else
Take tea bag/leaves out of mug
(Add milk)
Drink Tea

If you forget about your tea at some point in this procedure then start again.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

T.G. Xarbala posted:

You know, I just might. Thanks for the recommendations!

I should probably not be drinking this much hot tea in July.

I also really like the Adagio lapsang. The only other one I have tried is the loose leaf from Wegmans, it was okay but I found it comparably weak. I do very much like having a grocery store nearby that stocks loose leaf tea though, so Wegmans rules.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

I like cinnamon but it can easily become overpowering in a blend. The Wegmans bagged chai I tried tasted pretty much just like a cinnamon flavored tea. Couldn't taste any other spices which isn't what I was really looking for. I liked the adagio blends a lot better.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

But Not Tonight posted:

Tea balls suck, and those in-cup infusers are pretty great, but I fell in love with my Adagio tea infuser the first time I used it.

Me too, I love the aesthetics of fancy tea pots but an infuser like that one just works so perfectly and easily I can't see the point in using anything else.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

hope and vaseline posted:

You can pry the filter off, just grab the middle nipple part and yank hard. It pops right back in when you're done cleaning.

Yeah, it can seem stuck in at times if it isn't warmed up, so do it right after you brew or just add some boiling water first otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Hrm, I agree on milk first like any sane person but six minutes seems excessive.