Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Th_
Nov 29, 2008

Tea Bone posted:

My Step Dad just got back from a trip through South America and brought me back some Yerba Mate plus a wooden cup and a straw to drink it through. How am I supposed to prepare/drink this stuff? I've just tried preparing it the way he said the locals seemed to do it, filled the cup 3/4 of the way with Mate, put the straw in, then topped it up with water at about 65c. First few sips seemed they would have been pleasant had I not got mouth fulls of leaves along with the drink, I figured this was down to me putting the straw in before the water. I rinsed the straw out and tried again to better results, but after a few minuets it got far to bitter to drink. Am I supposed to down it in one go, then top up?

I recall reading a Patagonian travelogue that mentions Yerba Mate in some detail. Apparently it's supposed to be bitter as all hell, especially near the bottom. Also, you're not supposed to drink the leaves if you can help it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Th_
Nov 29, 2008

aldantefax posted:

Welp, I just broke my double walled glass tea tumbler.

That sucks. What'd it take to break it? I have no doubts that mine will explode one day.