Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009
So I bought some matcha to try from a local tea shop thinking "It's just like making powdered hot chocolate! :downs:".

From what I read online, it suggests using a sieve to distribute the powder to prevent clumps and then use a bamboo whisk to mix the powder and hot water. A sieve I can do, but I really want to hold off on getting a specialized whisk until I try it. A regular whisk isn't the same thing, but will it do in a pinch? Or are there different ways to prepare it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009
Blending teas is the only way I've been able to drink the cherry tea I bought from Adagio. The cherry alone is too overpoweringly Robitussin, but mixed with vanilla rooibos, it's pretty drat good.

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009
Was gifted a certificate to Teavana for Christmas, and finally went in yesterday to spend it and finally re-remembered why I hate getting tea there. The sales person was super pushy, they were way overselling the health benefits, and honestly their tea was incredibly expensive. I do enjoy getting to smell the tea before I buy it and there were a lot of unique flavored variants (including the lime herbal I bought, which'll make a bomb cold tea), it's too expensive for the amount I drink. Also, the person just would not take my word that I knew how to brew tea.

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009
It's been a month of poor tea decisions. First, the Teavana experience, and then I bought some tea from David's Tea for the first time. After disliking three bags of tea, I have a deeper appreciation for Adagio selling sample bags. All of the teas seem to have a really weird texture to them, like the flavor is really muddy. It's hard to describe. It's probably the flavoring that makes the tea so weird. I'm going to try the weird teas iced or maybe with a little milk, just to try and not waste anything. Next time I'll just stick with Upton and Adagio.

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009
Mine annoyingly don't time anything and always use boiling water straight from the coffee pot line. I either get herbal or try to subtly start a phone timer for black teas. At least they make great espresso.