Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?

milpreve posted:

Lapsang souchong is the best tea.

It really is. It just hit -20C here and that smoky as hell smell and taste hits just the right spot when coming in from the cold. I can see why it's not everyone cup of tea, but pea soup with some smoked meat in it and some sweetened lapsang warms you up like nobody's business.

I recently bought some Pu Ehr and that stuff literally smells like horse dung. It's tasty and all, but is it supposed to smell like that? I mean it is fermented plants in the end so maybe it makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?

DurianGray posted:

I know the pu ehrs I've had have all had a pretty strong 'barnyard' aspect to them so I wouldn't say it's entirely out of place. Is it a specifically fecal smell, or more of a "I just walked through a horse stable in general" smell? The latter is more what I would expect/be comfortable with. I grew up in the country though, so farm smells mostly just remind me of home.

Yeah, it's the same smell as a stable. It doesn't smell like poo poo or anything, if anything the odor is pretty pleasant. Still I sure was surprised by it since when dry it didn't really have a smell.

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?
From what I understand the oxalate content of green tea is much lower than that of black tea.