Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serendipitaet
Apr 19, 2009
I was raised on black tea and herbal infusions. Black tea for breakfast and a little thermos to take to school, herbal for dinner.

My favourite herbals are fennel seed, a fennel, anise, caraway blend and thyme.

All of them are supposed to have health benefits. Thyme is antiseptic - Listerine contains some amount of thymol - and is pretty good when you have bronchitis or a sore throat. I never drank them only for that reason because they all taste very good.

Drinking herbals might not be the same kind of experience as well prepared real tea, but you have to pay much less attention to the brewing process and they make a healthy and flavoursome alternative to drinking water all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serendipitaet
Apr 19, 2009
Can I steep a darjeeling twice or would that be a waste of time?

After having to resort to bags for a while I finally managed to go to Camellia Sinensis (mentioned in the OP) and got myself some leaves to boil. The guy at the shop was really helpful, but I forgot to ask.