Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Can anyone here give some advice/info on resteeping.

I just skimmed the thread and did a quick google search and the general advice was "experiment". The closest I got to actual quantified info was just add 30~ seconds to each additional steeping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Anyone here familiar with Mate?

I read some posts on the previous page and somethings on internet and I don't like the imprecise directions on the "Traditional Method"( Fill gourd 3/4 full, pour hot, but not boiling water, add other stuff maybe, drink)Don't have a gourd, so I winged it and treated it like tea. 1 teaspoon(~2 grams) of the stuff/Cup of Water, water at ~150°F. 5 Minutes.
Tastes like green tea, I read that it was suppose be green tea-like but more earthy, etc. Probably not enough stuff and not long enough?

Most precise recipes comes from French Press ones, though there's still a bit of variance. 2 teaspoons to 5 tablespoons/Cup, 150-170°F Water, 3-15 Minutes. I'm willing to experiment but just wondering if I could save time and material with a exact recipe.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I asked a similar question in the coffee thread, what are some good iced tea recipes?