Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Have any of y'all tried Adagio's Earl Grey Bravo? I'm running low on loose-leaf tea, and my only options in the area are Teavana or the loose-leaf Twinings tin from the supermarket. I definitely prefer stronger earl greys, so I'm intrigued by the Bravo, since it includes pieces of orange rind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

DurianGray posted:

The Bravo is passable. It's not the best Earl Grey I've ever had, but it's by no means the worst. For the love of God, though, DO NOT get the Earl Grey Moonlight. It's the only thing I've ever regretted buying from them and it's still sitting around in the bottom of my tea box somewhere. It's possible I got a bad batch, but the stuff seriously tasted like soap every time I made it.

And when you say "stronger" EGs, do you mean darker tea, or a stronger bergamot (citrus) flavor? My local tea store has this Russian Earl Grey that's a bit pricier but really citrusy and has a pretty unique profile for an EG. It's also one of my favorite teas.

I prefer teas with a stronger bergamot flavor - prior to switching to loose-leaf teas, I used to drink Stash's Double Bergamot Earl Gray. The two loose leafs I've tried so far are Ahmad Tea Earl Gray (delicious, but the nearest stockist is about 25 miles away) and Harrod's #42 Earl Gray (good, but the bergamot flavor isn't strong enough).

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Just placed my first order on Upton Teas! Extra bergamot early grey, earl grey supreme, into to fine tea sampler (to expand beyond earl grey), and some filter bags for drinking at the office. It looks like the tea + filter bag combo comes out much cheaper than store-bought bags, too!

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Happy Valentine's Day to me :xd:

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Any recommendations for an electric kettle, preferably around $80 or lower and available on Amazon? I don't need fancy temperature controls, since I only drink black teas, but I'm willing to pay more for a quality device that won't crap out after a few months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

isomerc posted:

I desperately wish my town had some teahouses. I used to live in Houston, and there were teahouses all over Montrose. Finding Osmanthus Silver Needle was common.

Wait, where in Houston? I admit that I haven't looked hard for teahouses, and hadn't really thought about driving down Montrose.

I've been drinking PG Tips since my loose ran out, so I put in an order at Upton last night. After trying a bunch of different Earl Greys from different vendors, I settled on Earl Grey Supreme as my favorite reasonably-priced blend. Also picked up 100g packets of the Tindharia Estate Second Flush Darjeeling and Lumbini Estate Ceylon to broaden my palate.