Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I realize this is really a "loose leaf tea thread", but can someone recommend to me some excellent individually wrapped bag tea?

I've been living on a steady diet of Bigelow tea (mostly black & black + flavor) for about two years now, but I'd like to expand out and see what else there is. I have a steeper, but loose leaf really isn't my thing.

I looked through the OP and this was the only individually wrapped stuff I could find, which seems pricey @ $0.40 ea. Compare to $0.10 ea for Bigelow. I'm sure there's a wide variety on Amazon, but choice overload creeps in and it helps to get some direction on the subject.

http://www.adagio.com/teabags/index.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Fryhtaning posted:

Just out of curiosity, what makes loose leaf "not your thing"? Flavor? Effort needed to brew a cup? Cost? There may be some misconceptions you're having on one of those notes.

Effort. I drink probably 6 cups of tea at work a day, and we have a shared kitchen/break room area. I'd rather not be known as "the guy who leaves his tea poo poo in the sink all the time". There's actually a wide variety of loose leaf tea equipment tucked away in the cupboards, but not being known as "that guy" & getting promoted regularly > ultra high quality tea.

I know myself pretty well, and as much as I hate consumerist, disposable culture, this is one area of my life that I'm OK with making an exception for. I know if I used the proper loose leaf tea, looking at my kitchen sink right now, I'd leave a huge mess in the kitchen at least 2-3 times a month, and that's something I have to avoid. Pre-wrapped tea stays fresh for long periods of time and has a very high convenience factor, which is a major plus in an office environment.

Cpt.Wacky posted:

Twinnings is decent for bagged. Tazo is OK too but I find the different flavors are hit and miss.

Oh brilliant, I've found a use for the $50+ in starbucks gift cards I've accumulated over the years! What are some of the flavors I should avoid with Tazo?

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

surrender posted:

Any recommendations for an electric kettle, preferably around $80 or lower and available on Amazon?

We ordered this kettle from Amazon for my office/department, three 20-something coffee and tea addicts pretty much had this thing running 12 hours a day for six months with zero issues. Looks like it's going for $70 right now.

Amazon's selection has improved dramatically in the last 18 months, but at the time it was one of the best in terms of water volume/power/features (adjustable, accurate digital thermostat). 1.5L is enough water for two personal size french presses.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

My coworker is anal about the glass coffee pot (needs to be optical grade clear to brew in, apparently :rolleyes:), he uses this stuff. Website shows it working on stainless steel

http://www.cleanthatpot.com/Clean_That_Pot.html