Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

I just discovered something that seems pretty obvious but made me feel like a genius at 7:00AM.

I usually bring coffee into work in a big, 8 cup thermos. I wanted to mix it up with some tea but my teapot doesn't hold anywhere near 8 cups.

So I boiled the water, primed the thermos with some hot water, then added the tea leaves directly into the thermos. Pour in the boiling water, tighten the lid, and turn it on it's side so the leaves aren't all just clumped into the bottom. Brew for the normal time, then strain the tea and put it back into the thermos.

A thermos is really the perfect teapot, when you think about it. They're designed for minimal heat loss and if you prime it, the water should stay right at around perfect steeping temperature easily for the 3-5 minute brewing process. It was fantastic and didn't take much longer than getting coffee ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

What are the odds that this is actually legitimate LBZ?

http://teaurchin.com/shop-for-tea/puer/lao-ban-zhang-2017-spring.html

Last I heard it's basically impossible to get it and 99.99% of LBZs on the web are fake. This one is very young, seems like a reputable retailer, and the price seems accurate.