Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
steep to long because your lazy and add milk to try and save it. Then they become used to it and make it that way on purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
Like rooibos is some laid back tea ( its not really tea). You can steep that poo poo forever. It owns.

Some people like that stuff.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
I steep for at least 15 minutes. You can steep it on the stove for like an hour if you want to have it strong and still hot.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
If you oversteep it green tea can taste like seaweed, so make sure you are not doing that?

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
Assam and Keemun are my favorites for generic all purpose black teas. I can have a cup of these at any time really. Any other all round blacks I should try?

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
I think tea works like this: You have to use more tea or increase the steep times (or a combination of both). Do this until the tea starts tasting like you want it to taste. Adjusting the temperature of the water will also have an effect. How much space the tea has to move while steeping could also effect things.

Try a higher tea ratio and see what happens. Make notes if you want to be really tryhard about it.

Like if I want to make some Keemun OP I boil water, put it in a random size cup with a perforated metal tea infuser filled with a teaspoon of tea. I then steep it for what I feel is 2 and a half minutes but atleast under 5 minutes. It doesnt end up tasting the same every time when I do it like this but its always good enough to be fairly satisfying.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
Rooibos is the only herbal stuff I like, its good stuff. I like to steep it for atleast 20 minutes though.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
I think the 2 things are related: having to use milk/suger in tea and 10 minute steep times for black teas.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
I have bought some absurdly cheap ceylon that was actually quite good

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
its just hot water and leaves dont make everything so complicated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i dont understand why people put cinnamon in the tea because it tastes disgusting