Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2
Stopped by to make a recommendation on vendors. Though they are fairly expensive Mighty Leaf has some great selections of tea and some excellent blends.
I mainly drink white tea as I think it goes very well with other teas perfectly. Especially herbal teas. One in particular that caught me by surprise as it tastes almost like Fruity Loops cereal, the Chamomile Citris.

I've found though that working with White Tea can be tricky when steeping as not to bitter the flavor from being submerged too long. A white tea in a pouch much like Republic of Tea's (a very good White Tea IMO) should only steep briefly, perhaps a minute or so, if it's full leaf, probably closer to 2-3 minutes until the water is above a tinted yellow. If you do stop by Republic of Teas white tea's only go for the Emperor's White, anything with flavoring in it is just a waste of good buds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2

Koaxke posted:

So I'm finally taking the plunge and buying an electric kettle. Does this one look alright to you guys?

http://www.amazon.com/Aroma-AWK-115S-X-Press-2-Liter-Cordless/dp/B000KDVTJI/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1317836639&sr=1-1

Also, would anyone happen to know of any good oolong teas that are sold on Amazon and prime eligible? I've only really ever drank green tea (the store bought kind), so I don't really know my way around oolongs. I really want to start drinking good tea as soon as that kettle gets here.

There's this really great Chinese retaurant near where I live that uses the Foojoy bags, they are a lot larger than normal bags (used for a whole pot). It looks cheap as hell but it's drat good with an little bit of orange squeezed in and an almond cookie :)