Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Mister Adequate posted:

Stupid_Sexy_Flanders hasn't posted in like three weeks. You okay dude?

Weirdly enough, all the problems I've had lately are actual problems. Been a weird month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Despite searching all shops in my area, it seems that a brand of ready-to-drink coffee that's both decaf AND black doesn't exist. I just want to enjoy a nice drink of cold, bitter coffee in the evening without staying awake until two in the morning afterwards, damnit! :arghfist::(

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I'm way overdue for a phone upgrade and should really update my plan as I can get better plans for the same price but I like to do that in person with an actual salesperson but the store in town here closed and the nearest one is like 50 miles away.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.
I have so many untried nail polishes that I'm overwhelmed by choice and can't decide what to do for my nails tonight. Also, last night my fiance suggested FFXIV nails and while I did them as adequately as I could, I didn't have the right shade of green for the healers and I didn't use any untrieds so it felt like a waste of a manicure.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My job still hasn't put a new calendar in the guard shack to help keep track of what day it is. I'd put one up myself but I have a sneaking suspicion that getting a novelty calendar would get me in trouble of some sort.

Also the clock is off by like three hours but it's literally screwed to the wall with no way that I can see to remove it. It annoys me in small but vital ways.

Edit: also it's that time of year where I get all bent out of shape re: Taxes even though with my current hours and pay I make less than 7k a year, and supposedly Uncle Sam could give a poo poo about those slim pickings. I don't want to get yelled at by the gub'ment :(

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 11:58 on Jan 23, 2015

soap.
Jul 15, 2007

Her?
I need to pee, but both my dog and his sister that I'm dogsitting are asleep at my feet and they're extremely cute so I don't want to wake them.

Also I'm realizing that the internet is a very small place, as one of the posters in this thread also posts regularly in the wedding planning subreddit. Or two people have the same clever username, which just makes me feel worse about my lovely username.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

I have no food but I'm too lazy to drive to the store.

Also my parrot is finally weaned but will only eat Nutriberries and Zupreem Fruit, which is basically a neckbeard diet for parrots and a good recipe for avian diabetes.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

loving Day Shift stole all the pens :argh:

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

The bottle cap wasnt fully on as I shook my protein shake up.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Weirdly enough, all the problems I've had lately are actual problems. Been a weird month.

Ah, that sucks. Hope things all get resolved.

My mom has a really tempting bottle of Coke downstairs and I want some but I don't want to be gluttonous and ask for it.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
My netflix got hacked. It took 5 minutes to fix it

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

A video game I was excited for wasn't as good as I was hoping it to be.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

What game out of interest?

I missed one student essay so now I have another our of correcting, and it is late in the am here. I'll have to get up v early and do it as marks are due tomorrow

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

sensible dissent dispenser
The three hour long lecture class I really enjoy going to got canceled because of an imminent storm and it ended up only barely flurrying, and it only happens once a week so now i have to wait until next monday

I forgot to wear gloves while cutting up poblanos to put in my morning crock-pot meal and now my fingers burn a little bit and no amount of soap or rubbing alcohol is getting rid of the mild discomfort

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Next time that happens, apply some sort of fat to your hands. Milk is a good one, but it's weird to dip your hands in milk, so nobody thinks about it.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

EmmyOk posted:

What game out of interest?

Grey Goo. Was sold to me as a return to the classic Command and Conquer feel of an RTS (before that series got dumb), but turned out to just be a different version of Starcraft. Decent game, just not what I wanted.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

The business hotel I'm staying in for the night didn't have any single rooms available, so I'll have to share a double with my colleague.

He snores. Loudly so.

:shepicide:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I need to use MATLAB for this one class I'm in but I don't want to pay for the software or drive to the campus to take care of the homework.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I need to use MATLAB for this one class I'm in but I don't want to pay for the software or drive to the campus to take care of the homework.

It's quite easy to get a trial version from their site. Register first, then google matlab trial or w/e. It will ask you to sign in and stuff and it seems like they want a paid account but nope, just log in and you're laughing. All free and legal

E: I have done this with both a uni email and gmail one, so it's not like a special academic thing either

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Edit, Nevermind :blush: I, uh, should probably let the machine finish telling me numbers before making assumptions.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 01:27 on Jan 29, 2015

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

My post office has a dedicated parcel pickup counter: it's a little side room, you go in, hand them the delivery notice, and walk out with your stuff. Total time: five minutes.

Except for Amazon pickups. For those you have to join the queue in the main office, which takes at least half an hour, usually more, depending on how busy it is.

Who the hell thought this was a good idea? :argh:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Now that I can afford to buy everything in my Amazon wishlist, I'm not sure if I actually want to.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Just bought a printer from Best Buy. Was looking at it online yesterday, and it said I was able to do in-store pickup that day. I hesitated and didn't buy it until today...at which point it's now a 3-5 day wait for in-store pickup, or 5-6 day for shipping.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I can't sleep, been listening/watching the Rifftrax'd Birdemic for over twenty hours, I might be going insane. At least it isn't The Room, nobody could do that with The Room. The only movie worse is Star Wars Holiday Special, that poo poo took loving years off my life.

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011
My two year old nephew pulled my brand new playstation 4 off the TV desk on Christmas eve and basically smashed up the corner and broke it. I bought a new ps4 but what I should have done is not been lazy and actually attempted to repair it instead of having the attitude of "it's a new console, everything in it is propritary and I'll just waste my time opening it". I repaired it last night instead of going out on Friday, the repair was loving easy ie. "Bend the bluetooth antenna back into shape and solder the wires back onto it" and now I have two Playstation 4s and have spent the better part of $1000 on a console I don't use that much.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I've had a busy week and now I'm too tired to do anything other than lay on the couch and binge watch Forensic Files.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Something on my phones microSD card is loving up every time I restart it; I have no idea what, and it's pissing me off something fierce. I have to unmount it every time I want to shut off or restart my phone, this has never been a problem before. What the gently caress.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 08:40 on Feb 1, 2015

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I have the flu and the regular Kleenexes are chapping my nose but the lotion ones are all greasy :saddowns:

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with
My second car won't start.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

There's some Patriots fan in the same train car as me and he keeps screaming "WOOOO" at the top of his lungs every few minutes. Somebody told him to shut up and he bellowed "PATRIOTS NATION!"

The parade is over, guy. You didn't have anything to do with the game. Simmer the gently caress down.

Before some idiot calls me a fat sports-hating goonlord, I have lived in New England all my life and our sports fans are loving morons. Riot when the team loses, riot when they win, it doesn't matter, just gotta make lots of noise and make sure everyone knows PATRIOTS WOOOOOO

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 20:54 on Feb 4, 2015

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

There's some Patriots fan in the same train car as me and he keeps screaming "WOOOO" at the top of his lungs every few minutes. Somebody told him to shut up and he bellowed "PATRIOTS NATION!"

The parade is over, guy. You didn't have anything to do with the game. Simmer the gently caress down.

Before some idiot calls me a fat sports-hating goonlord, I have lived in New England all my life and our sports fans are loving morons. Riot when the team loses, riot when they win, it doesn't matter, just gotta make lots of noise and make sure everyone knows PATRIOTS WOOOOOO

I can relate to this. I live in Mass and I'm not a patriots fan. All my friends have been insufferable since the game.
As for my own issue, we've got so much snow, I haven't been receiving my mail regularly

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm in the running to get a new job that would nearly double my income in two years but it's 8 weeks of training in Baltimore (across the country from me) and I'd probably be away from my girlfriend the whole time.
The job would be easier than my current gig with regular hours and paid holidays but two months of hotel living... ugh.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

A thing I ordered this past Sunday that is, according to their website, supposed to arrive tomorrow only just now showed up on Amazon as shipped. Fucks sake, Amazon.

Edit for punctuation

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 09:00 on Feb 5, 2015

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

anotherblownsave posted:

I can relate to this. I live in Mass and I'm not a patriots fan. All my friends have been insufferable since the game.
As for my own issue, we've got so much snow, I haven't been receiving my mail regularly

Yeah, I live in Mass too and I commute to Boston for school. I just had the misfortune of getting off the T at the same station as everyone going to the parade. It was nuts. Not as bad as my friend who commutes from Medford and missed six trains because they were too full of parade people.

I feel you on the snow. Been loving up my gym schedule and I had two snow days and had to take the commuter rail home from school the other day and ended up getting home four hours after my last class ended.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
Not rushing headlong into something has turned out to be good because dependent variables unexpectedly changed for the worse and I avoided being majorly screwed.

This is a problem because it just reaffirms my fears of change and spontaneity. :(

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I got some expensive-rear end headphones a couple of months ago and I figured okay, gotta pay big money to get really good quality things, these will sound great and last forever.

Broken after two loving months because the cat knocked them off my desk. Cheap poo poo that is 1/5 the price of these has lasted far longer. gently caress you, House of Marley, I'm racist now.

Ms Adequate has a new favorite as of 23:22 on Feb 5, 2015

fralbjabar
Jan 26, 2007
I am a meat popscicle.
I'll third the too much snow in Boston. Yesterday the Fedex truck got stuck and couldn't get down my street so they didn't deliver my package so I had to walk to the Fedex terminal next door to my office today to pick up my package instead.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

fralbjabar posted:

I'll third the too much snow in Boston. Yesterday the Fedex truck got stuck and couldn't get down my street so they didn't deliver my package so I had to walk to the Fedex terminal next door to my office today to pick up my package instead.

Good thing we're getting more so poo poo can be as bad as it could get

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...
I'll join in on the Boston snow chat. I recently moved here from Indiana for work, so this much snow isn't new, but the fact that there's no where for them to move the snow to causing clean up to go so slow is a new thing.

Speaking of Indiana: to celebrate the Colts making the AFC Championship and it happening to be 45 minutes from my house, I decided to go to the game, my first time at an NFL game. Was not the best experience, as you can imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I just signed up for the WWE Network so I can watch wrestling and to watch it on my tv I had to update the app store app on my PS3 then download the WWE app then update the WWE app and then type in my email address and password with the PS3 controller
:negative:

• Locked thread