Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spite house
Apr 28, 2009

The baristas at Intelligentsia were snide to me.

Michael Voltaggio's new sandwich restaurant is closed Monday AND Tuesday. What the gently caress, who does that? I wanted my foie gras and fried chicken skin sandwich, goddamnit!

The 408 bus is fast and awesome with on-board TVs, but it doesn't run that often. The 8 bus is old and dirty and slow with no TVs, but it runs every five seconds. THIS IS A HARD DECISION.

Gluten-free beer is gross.

spite house has a new favorite as of 23:10 on Sep 19, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

I just realized I have nothing to wear to the Michelin-starred restaurant tonight. My black slacks are clean, but black slacks are not chic.

I want some bacon, but this super-fancy hippie uncured bacon is so lean it doesn't want to fry up properly.

The place that's tinting my car's windows won't give me a loaner, so I have to rent a car to go hiking on the coast tomorrow.

I got a pile of advance reading copies of upcoming novels and they all suck.

Woe.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

NETFLIX :argh: :emo:

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

reflir posted:

I can't decide whether I should read The Magic Mountain or Cloud Atlas first.
Cloud Atlas is basically very fancy genre fiction. It's beautifully written and also riveting and fun. (It's only shelved in general fiction and not sci fi/fantasy because Mitchell is A Serious Booker Prize-Nominated Author and sci fi/fantasy is Not A Serious Genre. See also Atwood, Margaret, Oryx and Crake and Year of the Flood. Waaaaah, nobody thinks my swords and spaceships are important.)

Nobody has ever read The Magic Mountain.

spite house has a new favorite as of 01:13 on Sep 21, 2011

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

My husband got a raise. It is not substantial enough for even our combined incomes to cover all the frivolous crap I want to buy. This is loving depressing.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Someone I really like and admire was mean to me on Facebook last night. I want to send an email asking him to explain what he was on about, but that would make me look like I care too much. (I do.)

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Mizufusion posted:

I've really been waffling on this fish pie thing. At first it sounded intriguing, then bizarre, then I realized it's a British thing (and being American, I am obligated to say all British food is terrible), but now it sounds good again. I may have to try making it just to settle the matter in my mind. Thankfully, my glass measuring cups have that silly metric stuff on them. :j:
Americans who are baffled about fish pie: think of it as tuna casserole without the noodles, with a biscuit crust. Same deal.

I have to do laundry but there's a lineup in my building's laundry room so I may have to wait until later to pay $2.25 to wash my name-brand, mostly-bought-new clothes.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Death Bot posted:

Last.fm doesn't have a skip limit. Move up to the real first world son :smug:
Real first world is Spotify.

I don't like how that one commercial announcer guy says "Spaw-tify" and sounds like a Bible camp counselor. I do not like how the commercials are real loud and interrupt my Aesop Rock with Dave Matthews Band. This amazing free service that allows me unlimited on-demand access to 90% of the music currently in print also comes with minor annoyances. THIS WILL NOT STAND.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

The ethnic market by my house has what I think are Meyer lemons for $1.50 a pound. Meyer lemons are like $8/lb at Whole Foods. But now that i've gotten them home, I suspect the ethnic-market lemons may not be Meyers at all! Did I get a good deal or not? :ohdear:

The spec screenplay I'm working on lacks a really compelling antagonist. The version of myself that appears in the First World Problems thread is easily the most obnoxious, insufferable human being on the planet. Should I adapt First World Problems Me and graft her into the screenplay as the villain? Such a conundrum!

I want more coffee but if I make another pot I'll be up all night posting on the forums, antagonizing Facebook and not getting any work done. WOE.

spite house has a new favorite as of 01:15 on Sep 30, 2011

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Fruit Ninja on my phone stopped making the sounds for some reason. There isn't an update or anything. I don't know what to do, Fruit Ninja is no good without the sounds. :mad:

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

My husband is out of town. He took a big CO2-intensive plane ride to the middle of nowhere, Illinois, to hang out with a bunch of randoms and learn about poo poo he already knows and build forts out of office furniture.

I'm LONELY. :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Fame Throwa posted:

I went to a Thai place last night and they didn't put any spice in my pad thai.
Pad thai isn't supposed to be that spicy though.

There wasn't enough wind to go sailing today and I was really looking forward to it.

I ate too much fancy brunch at the best brunch place in my town and now I feel listless.

• Locked thread