Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The buzzer at Panera Bread scares me every time :(.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

FrancisYorkPatty posted:

I see really bad game design ideas and get really pissed at them because it takes common sense and an extra bit of work to make them not poo poo, but the company didn't.

Like the radial start menu in Dragon Age 2. It's clunky and unevenly distributed, unlike their other radial menu. Why do Map, Inventory, and Journal all get a similarly sized (tiny) bit of room to select them, but Character and Exit Game get a whole damned direction devoted to them?

It's better than the Assassin's Creed radial menu, at least, which would rather kill and traumatize your whole family three more times than let you select an item located on the diagonals. :argh:

And I'm sad because I haven't had enough spare time to play Dragon Age 2: Legacy with all the possible companion combinations, so I haven't heard all the banters yet. I heard some of them are really funny :(.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Not all of my music files are properly capitalized and I find it annoying :cry:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Tumblr keeps recommending I follow someone I don't like :qq:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm distracted in stats class by the guy who sits next to me :(. He's just too adorable.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I don't like any of the guidebooks available for learning R coding :qq:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I just finished paying all my bills and getting various other financial matters in order and now I realize that no one cares because as an adult I'm expected to be responsible anyway :smith:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Too cold and unsafe to leave the lab tonight :(.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The wait for the cosmetic surgeon is one month. I thought I lived in America :qq:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I don't get spring break because I have to help out with a focus group in central Minnesota. My mom was going to take me to Vegas again, too :(.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My face hurts super duper bad :saddowns:.

Also I planted my lilac bush too high up so it looks dumb in its pot.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Catalina posted:

I have chronic depression and got up the money and courage to see a therapist, and it turned out to be a woman with a sociology degree who was probably just hired when they were between actual therapists.

Some choice quotes include, "I don't know where you picked up that Freudian psychobabble, but I'm from the Chicago school of hard knocks where I'll make you put one foot in front in front of the other until you pull yourself up by your bootstraps and learn to DEAL with your problems" and "Everyone has problems, you've just been babified and won't deal with yours. I mean, it was raining cats and dogs and I still dragged myself into work. That's life."

AFAIK, I still have to pay an insurance deposit for that appointment! :911:

I remember back when I was in highschool, I went to the school counselor because I didn't feel comfortable or safe at home. In what I imagine was a violation of some code or another, my counselor decided to recount this fear to my mother. She was so angry upon learning this that she screamed at me and hit/choked me. In retrospect, I find this a pretty hilarious sequence of events. Kudos, counselor, well loving done! :thumbsup:

However, my mother got a counselor eventually (and resultantly a series of doctors) and is now properly medicated and much better. So your mileage may vary! Seriously, some of them are rank poo poo. But keep looking, because there are good ones too.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I want shrimp for dinner but then I'd have to go out and buy them.

Sigh.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
A person keeps commenting on my stuff and though it's all complimentary, I still don't like her tone. <:mad:>

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I might have to cancel my date tonight because of work. Only it was going to start off at my place with dinner, which I woke up at 4:00 am today to prep before work. I really poured my heart into it and made a great meal that very possibly isn't going to be eaten. I'd be too depressed to eat it myself and I don't think I can serve someone like that some old food (since after this I'll be unavailable for at least 4 days) :smith:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Armyman25 posted:

Sew it back on?

They even sell new buttons if you lose the old ones.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I thought The Maltese Falcon sucked. I... I'm not sophisticated :qq:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Netflix Instant doesn't have anything I want to watch right now :saddowns:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It seems I always end up needing to put people as contacts in my phone without knowing their last names. I end up with a ridiculous list of "Carla Sandrasdaughter"s and "Trisha Trevorsfriend." What am I, Finnish?!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
iTunes picked up ALL the music tracks on my computer. I had them in one playlist and it was set to "Shuffle." Somewhere along the way, it hit this super retarded version of "Lord of the Dance" only about cats or something? I don't remember downloading this. It was flagrant stupid but since I was stir-frying something I couldn't go over to change it until it was too late :saddowns:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I had to go to FedEx Office to get my really fruity art printed and it was this old guy processing my order and it was super embarrassing. :cry:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Teen Wolf isn't on for another, like, nine hours :cry:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The resort here in Bonaire won't have lobster until tomorrow :(.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I was not able to hassle the cuttlefish as long as I wanted to :saddowns:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

VendaGoat posted:

Went to an aquarium? Get any pictures?

No, I was diving, and I don't take a camera when I do. I'd rather focus on hassling the cuttlefish :pervert:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My job is so miserable and soul-numbing that my only respite is going commando.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Today, one of the people I'm working with from way up north sent in an insect trap liner containing an entire dead bird. In an envelope. There was no warning on the outside the envelope. It's been hot. It had not been delivered quickly. The envelope was moist.

I almost barfed.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My downstairs neighbor didn't have enough money to pay the repairman to fix the garage so that she could park in the garage again and I could get my normal parking spot back. But I couldn't just pay for it out of pocket because it's rude to show off that I just live in this craphole because it's insanely convenient for work and I could live somewhere way nicer and more expensive if I wanted to. :(

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I had to walk home with my gnu and now my arms are tired :saddowns:.

Also, Duke from the Minnesota Zoo wasn't as friendly as he is normally and I wanted to pet him more. What the hell, Duke, I was giving you nice scratchies! :saddowns:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My brother always starts his instant message conversations with "echo" and it loving pisses me off.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My mom keeps hurting my feelings and sometimes I think our relationship is really damaging to me but she's my mom :smith:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The State Fair is so close that its fireworks are scaring my cat :saddowns:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My laboratory has a field site that got planted with corn, and now the experiment is over so we can all go harvest as much of the corn as we want, but I'm lazy and I'd prefer the corn just sort of appear on my desk :saddowns:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My dad keeps pushing me to get my brother to use his gift certificates for some little Cessna flights or whatever.

If my dad had gotten me some gift certificates for Extreme Sandbox or something you bet I'd have used them. Stupid bro :saddowns:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I had a nightmare last night about my brother dying from falling out of a window and it's super traumatizing but it sounds like a lame thing to have dampen my day and/or distract me :saddowns:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I want to yell at my cat but it'd annoy my downstairs neighbor and probably make her think I'm mental :(.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I want to whine and cry about being called on a trivial mistake but I know I'd get no sympathy :qq:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My Zoobooks magazine came and it's the spider issue :(.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Avocados posted:

They still make those? Did they ever pack more meat into them? From the commercials they always seemed so brief, like a little pamphlet. Either way, blast from the past.

They still make them, yep, and they're about twenty pages long. I really recommend a subscription, even though they're for kids. They have a lot of information an average person doesn't know. Plus I just like all the illustrations and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Whenever I see the word "Friday" I want to pronounce it "Fri-dyah" because of this TV character who also did so:

:saddowns:

• Locked thread