Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I have to share the xbox with my brother and he's always hogging it.

My friend unfollowed me on twitter and I'm too scared to ask why.

I have eczema on my foot and I've run out of cream for it but I'm too lazy to go back to the doctor.

The TV in my room is too small and only has Freeview and my family are always watching Family Guy and cop shows on the lounge TV so I can never watch the shows on Sky that I want to watch.

:saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

FrancisYorkPatty posted:

If you have it for PC, mod them invincible or get the mod that makes infinite dogmeats spawn if one dies, so that you can always stop by Vault 101 to pick one up

There's a perk for that :eng101: With the Puppies! perk every time Dogmeat dies his puppy, also named Dogmeat, appears. :3: Even so, Revolver Pookie, Charon is the best follower! Give him some power armour and don't make him fight Deathclaws and you're golden.

In Fallout-related first world problems, I got really close to the end of Lonesome Road today but had to stop because I didn't have time to finish it and watch the ending slides and now I have to wait 'til tomorrow. :(

Also, Arcade keeps breaking the guns I give him.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I finished Fallout New Vegas and then my xbox locked up during the ending slides :negative:

Tonight I have to go and help moderate a pub quiz because I agreed to do it when I was drunk weeks ago and now I don't really want to. Get a free dinner though I guess.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

eating only apples posted:

Tonight I have to go and help moderate a pub quiz because I agreed to do it when I was drunk weeks ago and now I don't really want to. Get a free dinner though I guess.

Update: I won a bottle of wine and got given chocolates as thanks for my help. Some first world problems work out for the best.

Now, though, I ate too many chocolates and now I feel a bit sick. :(

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Idiot Kicker posted:

This for me too. Who even knows when/if there will be another sequel?

There will be, but it'll be Bethesda.

There's my first world problem. Obsidian won't get to make the next Fallout and it'll be hollow and flat like FO3 :(

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
People still think Rose was a good companion after Ecclestone's series of Doctor Who :negative:

My grandparents keep using terms like "coloured" in the trivia quizzes they write, and I don't know how to tell them to consider using other words...

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I wore my favourite shoes without socks today and now I have big sore blisters on both my little toes :(

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Dickweasel Alpha posted:

FrancisYorkPatty got a name change and now I'm sad because I loved that name :smith:

And also I'm cold but if I turn the radiator on I'll get too hot.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I had chicken curry for my dinner, and it was really nice, but now my mouth is too savoury and there's nothing sweet in the house to balance it out. :qq:

Am I the only one like that? Eat a savoury thing, gotta have a sweet thing. Not so much the other way round for some reason.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

hypnotoad posted:

I'm going to feel crazy terribly old when I turn 22 next year. :(

You shut the gently caress up, I'm 23 in December :cry:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Most of the musicians I like are dead :smith:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I've been single for ten months now and a cute guy I've been talking to on twitter suggested going out tonight but I have no money and no ID so I'm just going to sit in front of the telly and drink a bottle of wine and be sad instead :smith:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

BigSexyWill posted:

On the upside, you get to sit in front of the telly and drink wine :unsmith:

Hey, yeah! You're right! That's not so bad. :unsmith:

Another first world problem: I had a flu vaccination today, for free because of the NHS, so now I won't get really sick this winter but my arm hurts :(

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

MindlessHavok posted:

See I like this. Odds are the dude would probably pay for you but you're bringing money anyway because you're not expecting it.

That's awesome.

Also, have you guys hung out before? What's the problem with inviting him to sit and drink wine/watch tv with you?

:3:

If I still lived on my own I'd totally have him come over. But right now I'm living in my parents' house so it's a little more awkward.

First world problems, my parents are letting me live with them for free while I'm unemployed and I'm still complaining because I can't do all the things I want to do. Godfuckingdamn I'm ungrateful. I'm going to go say thankyou to my parents now.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Drunk Canuck posted:

A band I just got into broke up 4 years ago. :(

I hate when that happens. Share? So we can all feel your pain.

Me, I just got into Roy Orbison. He died three weeks before I was born. :(

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

:gonk: Nope, not even going to look, my very messed-up friend showed me that before. Thanks for trying to ruin the Orb for me, though :v:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

GenericOverusedName posted:

I finally got a fresh new razor and blades, but now I'm out of shaving cream.

I just want to shave my legs without getting razor burn :negative:

Use conditioner. Trust me.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I read the first Hunger Games book and then bought the other two on impulse but now I have to wait til next week for them to arrive and I don't know what to read while I wait :smith:

And I've been trying to read The Lost World for months but I just don't like it as much as Jurassic Park :smith:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I've started rereading His Dark Materials and now I feel like my own writing is completely and utterly inadequate and awful :qq:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
A book made me cry a lot, and now I've finished it and I want to start a new book but I'm too sad. :(

it was the Subtle Knife

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

crime fighting hog posted:

My wife's favorite book, I really need to read that series.

You do! The first two are seriously good. The third one, I didn't like as much, but I haven't read it in years so I may be misremembering.

So I recovered from my sadness and started a new book but now I'm afraid my favourite character is going to die and then I won't like it so much because it's kind of not all that good (though I'm sure I'd've eaten it up if it existed when I was 14). I hate when my favourite characters die :cry:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
It looks like there's a tiny little crack in my front tooth's crown and I'm scared it's going to break. I can't feel the crack or anything so it might have been there from the start but I don't know. I've only had these crowns eighteen months and I don't know what will happen if this one breaks :smith: I don't want to be a toothless old crone...

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Since I've been unemployed for ages I've got used to sleeping in and today I had to get up way earlier than normal to go see a lady about some cover work and now I'm really tired and my head hurts :qq:

I got the job

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
My friend deleted me from facebook some time in the last month and yesterday when I noticed I sent him a message to ask what was up. His reply was "go away". :smith: I'm actually really upset about it but what can I do? If that's how it's gonna be, I can't change it.

I haven't even spoken to him recently, I don't know what I could have done wrong... :(

He was one of the few friends I kept after a nasty breakup almost a year ago - a lot of my friends were mutual with the ex and it was all really awkward afterwards, if not outright hostile. I've been shedding friends like crazy in the last year, people moving away and stuff. It's actually really depressing. Oh well.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
The perfumes I ordered from a little indie company only shipped yesterday, so I doubt I'll get them before Christmas. Guess I just have to hope I get them for my birthday on the 30th...

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I bought some new perfume that I really like but when my mum smelled it she acted like it smells like dog poo poo :( And then she was really horrible about my other favourite perfume as well! :qq:

To be fair she's been wearing the same perfume for like 30 years so whatever. And it's not even that nice. Take that, mum.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I have a dumb high school-esque crush on someone completely unattainable and it's getting me down :saddowns:

Also I got like half an hour's sleep last night for no apparent reason and I feel like death, so I'd be down even without this other stupid bullshit!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I've stopped being able to sleep when I have to get up early in the morning. I'll go to bed at midnight, lie awake til ~4:30, sleep an hour and a half then be sad and grouchy all day. It sucks because I have zero issues sleeping at any time of night when I don't have to be up early :( I think I just worry about sleeping enough, which leads to not sleeping because I'm too busy worrying about it...

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I worked four days this week which is the most I've worked since before university and I'm utterly exhausted and aching all over :argh:

Also a kid did a poo poo ten minutes before my shift ended so I had to change his nappy and it was gross. (I work in a nursery so y'know, I should probably get used to it.)

AND ANOTHER THING my job is only part-time and casual because there are no permanent/full-time jobs in the sector right now so although I get loads of days off I can't afford to live in my own place again :(

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
My laptop charger keeps breaking. I've gone through three in the last four or five months. Luckily I had a few lying around the house from old laptops, and my dad fixed one, but I just had to spend money on a new one for the first time and I know it's going to break :qq: Why do you do this to me, laptop, I'm really nice to you.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Gotta go to work tomorrow, and also I hate my manager and she hates me. :mad:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
My brother has joined SA so I have to think about what I post now in case it's something I don't want him to know :qq:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I ordered a shirt and some perfume and I won't get the shirt until late next week and the perfume for like three weeks :(

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
My stupid temporary flexible-contract job isn't giving me any hours lately so I have to ramp up the search for a real job. I work at a nursery and I really love the kids there and I'm going to miss them a lot :qq:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Wingon posted:

I have a friend who stopped writing her crime novel and won't pick it back up. I really want to read the rest of it.

Way to guilt trip :(

I'm hungry but it's late and I already ate a lot this evening.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I bought sriracha for the first time having heard how awesome it is and I was really excited but I think it's too hot for me :saddowns:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Irish Joe posted:

Sometimes there are three pickles on my cheeseburger instead of two.

Sometimes there are two pickles on my cheeseburger instead of three. :sigh:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I was reading Stephen King's Misery at work and I got to the foot-chopping-off scene and did a :stonk: face and my coworker looked at me funny.

Then my break ended so I didn't even get to read the whole scene and now I kind of don't want to go back to it...

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
:qq: My boyfriend lives too far away and I don't see him as much as I'd like :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
The sudden weather change from warm to freezing is playing havoc with my chest and my asthma is slightly worse than normal. I have to take my medicine a little more often than in the summer. :(

• Locked thread