Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

i live in Mendocino!

If I know what you like I can give you tips.

Toulose has pickled flavored wine! Have to visit. If Navarro has old style pinot noir it is great. I love the unfiltered.

Roederer is great if you love champagne.

I have a friend who loves Handley for the values. Goldeneye has the rep but crazy prices..

When I go i like Navarro and Roederer for gift buying. Definitely pinot noir and champagne (sparkling) country.

Have fun. Stay away from Boonville tasting rooms I think. Best ones are at the wineries themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

AriTheDog posted:

Thanks a ton for the recs! We ended up going to Phillip's Hill and Toulouse, both of which were great.

Tasted some amazing wines at Toulouse that were outside my price range, (notably a '08 pinot noir that had a truly fantastic aroma) but bought a bottle of some delicious pinot gris.

At Phillip's Hill I ended up with a couple bottles each of a really nicely balanced '09 dry gewurztraminer, and a low alcohol content '09 pinot noir with lots of strawberry flavor and a really light finish.

All in all, I had a great time, and can't wait to go back. I'd have loved to have tried more spots, but we were with a couple that neglected to swish and spit. The coast is loving gorgeous, and I'm tempted to try and find a reason to move up to Mendocino now.

Happy you had fun! Anderson Valley wines can be all over the price range. I have found they have some really good deals the day after big events. Like the pinot noir festival coming up in May. Big tasting day. Last year the next day wineries were having free tastings with food pairings and good discounts at their sites. They did the same the day after the big crab fest event.