Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
I need New Year's advice, wine thread. And maybe some advice for myself.

My moscato-loving winner of a boyfriend (:cripes:) very recently told me that all dry wine tastes the same to him and that "at least moscato has flavor". What in hell's name can I do for this boy? I want to offer him a lineup of off-dry to easy-dry wines, one of each type in reds and whites. I think a Dornfelder would be a real winner, since it's turned over plenty of moscato-drinkers at my job, but I'm sort of at a loss about the other red and the two whites. I'm personally nuts about old vine Zinfandels when I want something a little sweet, but I'm afraid of even that sort of dryness being too advanced for him. And then there's the issue of not being able to think of hardly any off-dry whites, other than maybe a Vouvray. What's the best course of action here?

My personal dilemma is a little easier. My wine journey has stagnated at Petite Sirah and white meritage. I want to run drier, but whenever I dip my toes into, say, Chard/Cab/Merlot, the results are not favorable. But maybe I keep drinking lovely examples of them. So what are good, available (small town) examples of these styles? Or what would be a wine that would be a better step?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU