Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

kuddles posted:

Justin is involved in a side project podcast that he does with his wife. It's a Two And A Half Men "fancast" called Losing The Sheen. Listening to the episodes almost makes me want to watch the show so that I can follow along with their horror. Almost.

Wait holy gently caress that was real? I saw some stuff on Twitter but I figured he was joking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohum
Mar 17, 2010

umoms.
So this show is sort of like E/N in podcast form then?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

hohum posted:

So this show is sort of like E/N in podcast form then?

Kinda, yea. Less legitimately depressing stories and the rare people who do just need to vent and more 'how I make friend what am women?' kinda questions that get mocked.

Basically it's E/N if all the trolls/joke answers are funny in the thread.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Guys, Justin's show with his wife, "Losing the Sheen", wherein they review each episode of "Two and a Half Men" starting with the first Ashton Kutcher episode, is loving HILARIOUS. If you like MBMBaM you will no doubt like an extra dose of amazing McElroy-ness every week.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Guys, Justin's show with his wife, "Losing the Sheen", wherein they review each episode of "Two and a Half Men" starting with the first Ashton Kutcher episode, is loving HILARIOUS. If you like MBMBaM you will no doubt like an extra dose of amazing McElroy-ness every week.

Oh my god, the last few episodes have been depressing though.

And I believe you mean the show "T'halfman" starring Ashton Kootcher :colbert:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea watch T'alfmen all you want, us real fans are gettin deep in the Halfman Chronicles online.

I sucked it off in the reccomend thread, but yea Losing the Sheen is great, you don't need any knowledge of the show at all because they somehow mastered explaining exactly enough to make the jokes they do make sense, without sitting there just going 'so then this happened...then this...yea then that...' from episode 1.

Also, on topic, this week's episode had me in stitches every time I've listened to it. Between the insistence that small debts require more juice and Griffon dropping the 'Nirvana Ruiner' name for a 12 gauge and everyone backing out at once it's a drat goldmine.

StrikerObi
Aug 1, 2003
SECharger73 hates sad reminders :[
There is an episode from a month or so ago where they read a Yahoo about what to name a baby and I almost had to pull my car over it was so drat funny. I think in that same episode there was some kind of Little Mermaid "Part of Your World" joke too. Holy poo poo. So funny

jxfallout
Jul 3, 2010
My God, I almost crashed my car while listening to the "last meal" question from this week's show.

The last few weeks have gold, and this easily has become my favorite podcast!

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

There was a bit, on the Colbert Report Thursday, about ghost sex, and I instantly thought of MBMBaM.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution
I'm gonna say it: measuring quality by consistent funniness, MBMBaM is right up there with You Look Nice Today. I don't think I can say it's better, but drat close. drat close. I love it so hard. Those bastards have heartfreaked me.

Also I want a shotgun named Dracula.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
"The Nirvana Ruiner".

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Song For The Deaf posted:

"The Nirvana Ruiner".

I can't get enough of how that was just unanimously decided as the end.

Also

"Something for an old dog close to death"

"WHAT?!"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
After listening to Losing the Sheen, Syndee must be source of Justin's power because no one man can be as funny as they are together.

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.
I grew up with these guys and currently live in their hometown, so I've heard rumblings of this podcast for a while. It's really interesting to see it so popular outside of this realm. I may have to finally check it out.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
It was kinda weird hearing an ad in today's show, but I guess the Money Zone/Jumbotron is just doing that badly. Whatever, though, I don't mind it.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...
The whole Jumbotron thing that they do is actually Maximum Fun's attempt at getting sponsorship money from small home-based businesses and individuals because traditional advertisers tend to shy away from podcasts. The lack of reliable listener stats and niche audiences is why you almost never hear ads on podcasts unless you're a huge presence like TWIT or co-exist as a radio show. I would take that as a really positive sign for their growth, not being desperate for cash.

Also, can't imagine Money Zone was doing that badly because outside of TSOYA, it was the only podcast that consistently had something to promote during it.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I'm 100% certain that any falloff in MBMBAM jumbotron sales is entirely attributable to Justin's decision to no longer create jingles for individuals.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Poopy Palpy posted:

I'm 100% certain that any falloff in MBMBAM jumbotron sales is entirely attributable to Justin's decision to no longer create jingles for individuals.
I agree, I used to look forward to those sections just for Griffin's jingles but recently it's just been them saying happy birthday to some guy.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Pyrovile posted:

Griffin

Goddamnit. And it's usually Travis and Justin that I have trouble distinguishing.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

Poopy Palpy posted:

Goddamnit. And it's usually Travis and Justin that I have trouble distinguishing.

if they didnt introduce themselves at the top of every episode i'd be fuckin' lost too (well, not anymore, but it was tough at the beginning)

i love my baby brother Griffin :)

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
I think Griffin hit some sort of wall with the Griffinsspacejam.com song.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I know I'm weeks behind but Jesus Christ the Marc Summers origin story had me in tears. Tears.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Poopy Palpy posted:

I know they raised the cost of ads on the MaxFun Jumbotron. It seems like ads have dropped off since then.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Groucho Marxist posted:

I know they raised the cost of ads on the MaxFun Jumbotron. It seems like ads have dropped off since then.

And as a result now they have to advertise for a skeevy text message spam company. The jingle was pretty funny, though.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Groucho Marxist posted:

maximumfun.org/jumbotron still says $100 for a personal message or $200 for a commercial message, which is what it's always been.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Al! posted:

And as a result now they have to advertise for a skeevy text message spam company. The jingle was pretty funny, though.

Yeah, I just finished the episode, and that was kind of a weird Money Zone ad. I almost want to get one myself just so that those types of things don't get through again.

They've had a couple of good consecutive weeks now. I'm honestly really impressed.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Poopy Palpy posted:

maximumfun.org/jumbotron still says $100 for a personal message or $200 for a commercial message, which is what it's always been.

It used to be 50/100

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I've just now come across this podcast and have listened to a few random episodes (not sure why I didn't just start at the beginning but I will eventually), and I have to say that the episode "Bramblepelt" might be the funniest episode of any podcast I've ever heard. Starting from the question from a gay guy about gelling his pubes until the end of the episode I was practically in tears from laughter. The quick list of warrior cat names was just too loving funny, also the Elvis Costello pube style - "just glue some glasses upside down on your balls!"

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet

The Duke posted:

I've just now come across this podcast and have listened to a few random episodes (not sure why I didn't just start at the beginning but I will eventually), and I have to say that the episode "Bramblepelt" might be the funniest episode of any podcast I've ever heard. Starting from the question from a gay guy about gelling his pubes until the end of the episode I was practically in tears from laughter. The quick list of warrior cat names was just too loving funny, also the Elvis Costello pube style - "just glue some glasses upside down on your balls!"

It's one of those rare podcasts that hits its stride from day 1.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Do you like pizza roll death, man vs death by food, Vaseline:water ratio discussions, and home circumcision? Then boy is today's episode perfect for you you sick gently caress!

Hooper Struvé
Dec 15, 2004

I have had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.
This is one of my favorite podcasts and I saw these guys live in Chicago when they were here and I have started turning it off after "I'm ready to hear Griffin's last question" because goddamn do they need to trim their end-of-show business.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet
^^^it's really not that bad.

Boourns, no episode next week because of some random American holiday.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Hooper Struvé posted:

This is one of my favorite podcasts and I saw these guys live in Chicago when they were here and I have started turning it off after "I'm ready to hear Griffin's last question" because goddamn do they need to trim their end-of-show business.

It's really not all that bad. The only part I'm sick of at this point is how Griffin has started naming the theme song in every show. Yes, I get it. John Roderick and the Long Winters are a good band. No, I will not buy their album.

Griffin's last question is sometimes the best part of the show, if only to hear Justin and Travis absolutely lose it. There was one recently, I honestly can't remember which episode it was or what the question was, where there was a could of second of silence and choking, followed by Justin hurriedly ending the show. It was great.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
Between the constant nudges from Griffin and John Roderick's podcast with Merlin Mann, I took the plunge on buying "Putting the Days to Bed." God drat.

"Fire Island, AK" is a drat fine song.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I actually bought the album too and it's pretty great.

I never really minded the end plugs because usually they're smart enough to sprinkle some jokes in to distract you from the fact that they're plugs.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

I've never been bothered by plugs at the end of a show, when it's the first thing I'm greeted with *cough* Chris Hardwick *cough cough* I can't stand it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I have no idea why but for some reason I handle plugs in the middle/end of the show way better than opening plugs.

Also what episode was Fart Touch discovered in? I need to get my friend to listen to that because he just lost a mix cd out a moving car window.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The live show is up, it says 'first part', I know they said both shows were gonna be different obviously but does that mean next week we get the second show, or will this be a fabled double MBMBAM week?

Cast Iron Brick
Apr 24, 2008

@MBMBAM : posted:

Hey guys: glad you're enjoying the live show. We'll do a holiday ep next week and then you'll get the 9 pm Austin show in two weeks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cast Iron Brick posted:

You and your knowledge of basic social media.

• Locked thread