Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesomonster
Feb 26, 2008

Because there's always an ending.
I think its ok to be excited. I was stupidly giddy that MBMBAM answered my question this week (the one about my superhero sister, which is 100% true by the way). Her birthday was on tuesday and I had her listen to it, then told her "my gift to you is WISDOM."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Justin got beat by Sydnee again fell down some stairs, no MBMBAM this week.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

:allears:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm sad they didn't just release a full length episode that was a loop of the sounds of Justin falling down stairs.

Moscow Mule
Dec 21, 2004

Nothing beats the taste sensation when maple syrup collides with ham.
I listened to part of an old episode where they talk about Facebook status updates & teeeeeeeens.

"When I fall down a flight of stairs, I'm not worried about if I'm hurt. I'm worried if anybody saw."

"When I fall down stairs I think, 'I wish I could stop falling down these drat stairs.'"

Django
Dec 22, 2004

Django Grimehart
Many thanks to this thread, am now a big fan of MBMBAM and Losing My Sheen. It's such a shame that the latter is so short!

edit: just discovered Satellite Dish!

Django fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Aug 4, 2012

Jay Dub
Jul 27, 2009

I'm not listening
to youuuuu...

The way Justin worded that tweet, it sounds like he fell down the stairs, landed on the episode and ruined it.

Boris the Blade
Jun 10, 2005
The Bullet-Dodger
New episode "Roker Poker" is up.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
There has been no moment of MBMBAM better than 'A 25 Minute Lecture on Nerd Shame'. I love how whenever it comes up the answer is always 'be a loving adult no one legitimately cares what you like or don't like', refreshing for internet media.

Django
Dec 22, 2004

Django Grimehart
I have to disagree; I always suspected Griffin as being The Worst Brother (although I guess he edits it, and he certainly has his moments) but that whole tangent confirmed it.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Django posted:

I have to disagree; I always suspected Griffin as being The Worst Brother (although I guess he edits it, and he certainly has his moments) but that whole tangent confirmed it.

He's the worst brother because he tells people not to worry about what other people think about them and brazenly points out he's a grown man who loves Pokemon and doesn't give a gently caress? I must have missed something.

Django
Dec 22, 2004

Django Grimehart
I mean in general throughout the podcast, the amount of feeling he attaches to this cause was on a par with Sydnee's rant on Losing The Sheen about Jenny McCarthy and the anti-vaccination movement except that that actually matters.

I agree with the message of doing things you enjoy and not caring about what other people think, but he, as editor, has given the show this platform that really doesn't necessitate it. The whole "don't try swing dancing, it's ostentatious and showy" is completely incongruous with his notion of not giving a poo poo about what people think of something.

But I loved the rest of the episode, the opening segment had me in stitches.

*disclaimer: neither a swing dancer nor MTG player

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Griffin is pretty much the funniest brother but Pokemon really is the pits.

Django posted:

I mean in general throughout the podcast, the amount of feeling he attaches to this cause was on a par with Sydnee's rant on Losing The Sheen about Jenny McCarthy and the anti-vaccination movement except that that actually matters.

I agree with the message of doing things you enjoy and not caring about what other people think, but he, as editor, has given the show this platform that really doesn't necessitate it. The whole "don't try swing dancing, it's ostentatious and showy" is completely incongruous with his notion of not giving a poo poo about what people think of something.

But I loved the rest of the episode, the opening segment had me in stitches.

*disclaimer: neither a swing dancer nor MTG player

:stare:

Django
Dec 22, 2004

Django Grimehart
All I'm saying is that Griffin really likes MTG. But it doesn't need a 25 minute defence of it / authenticity / post-high school notions of social norms

E: w/e, it's a comedy podcast thread, as you were

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Also, I used to swing dance at one of the best swing dance clubs in America (the club was the best - I was quite bad). It was a blast. Attention anyone reading this: try Salsa or Swing dancing, it is really fun.

And although the medium might have mangled the message, I can't fault "believe in yourself and your dreams" no matter how hard I try.

Boris the Blade
Jun 10, 2005
The Bullet-Dodger
This has probably already been covered, but with all the talk about Griffin's Space Jam website I finally had the courage to search for it.

It's real!

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Django posted:

I agree with the message of doing things you enjoy and not caring about what other people think, but he, as editor, has given the show this platform that really doesn't necessitate it.

You make it sound like it's some daily news podcast that's edited down to 20 mins or something. I'm pretty sure the only editing he does is when a bit just isn't funny at all or if they keep screwing up the beginning intros. It's not like they record for 4 hours every week and Griffin edits it down to reflect his own personal agenda about Pokemon.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
For the first LIVE! episode of the Satellite Dish, Justin and Sydnee are watching Here Comes Honey Boo Boo!. Already it's amazing.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Apparently they managed to stream it without saving it. I hope they recorded it some other way, because as it stands it's disappeared into the black hole of the internet.

Edit: They did save it, and used it for the next episode of Satellite Dish.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Aug 13, 2012

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
"Buckle Up and Fuckle Up!"

So excited about this new long-term sponsorship :allears:

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010
Romneycoladas

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Have been re-listening to a bunch of episodes while driving lately, and the entire Lovegoose bit from episode 22 might be one of my favorite riffs ever.

"I spent a long hard day at work, time for some good old-fashioned goose fuckin'."

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
Oh god, this week's episode is hilarious.

"One time I actually heard Travis burp out the words 'Cincinnati King of Burps'."
"To be fair, that was during a job interview and I nailed it."

Also, Extreme Restraints is still the best sponsorship by far.

XenoCrab
Mar 30, 2012

XenoCrab is the least important character in the Alien movie franchise. He's not even in the top ten characters.

thefncrow posted:

Oh god, this week's episode is hilarious.

"One time I actually heard Travis burp out the words 'Cincinnati King of Burps'."
"To be fair, that was during a job interview and I nailed it."

Also, Extreme Restraints is still the best sponsorship by far.

Yep. Everyone at the sandwich shop totally stared at me when I started cracking up at this.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
"I can't eat that raw garbage like Travis, he just turns it into energy!"

Also I can't get enough of the Extreme Restraints ads, I just love how it's them just reading names and riffing it.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Glitterbomber posted:

"I can't eat that raw garbage like Travis, he just turns it into energy!"

Also I can't get enough of the Extreme Restraints ads, I just love how it's them just reading names and riffing it.
The whole "tiny cage for your penis in case it's been bad and has to go to the genital jail" from way back is something I won't quickly forget.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

FRANCIS DROP THE BASE

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Farm Frenzy posted:

FRANCIS DROP THE BASE

I'm now the office weirdo thanks to this podcast.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Farm Frenzy posted:

FRANCIS DROP THE BASE

YOUR COUSIN SKRILLEX WOULDN'T MAKE US WAIT THIS LONG TO DROP THE NASTY BEAT

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.
YOUR FATHER WORKED ALL DAY TO SYNTHESIZE THIS X

MY NEON GLOW BRACELETS ARE LOSING THEIR LUMINOSITY FRANCIS

Car Stranger
Feb 16, 2005

I so nearly lost my poo poo in the office while listening to that part.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Mogambo posted:

YOUR FATHER WORKED ALL DAY TO SYNTHESIZE THIS X

MY NEON GLOW BRACELETS ARE LOSING THEIR LUMINOSITY FRANCIS

When I heard that in the car I laughed so hard that I feared for my safety a little. This week's ep was pretty funny darn funny too.

ShrewdOrganMerchant
Apr 26, 2008

Please stop doing that.
I think I found a picture of Justin and Travis' fathers-in-law fighting:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Maybe we should start a separate, secret, podcast for our gross sex talk WOOPS THAT'S THIS ONE.

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.
I love the fact that almost every episode has at least one really funny goof that makes me laugh uncontrollably in public. This week is no exception.

I also love how I describe it to friends as ostensibly an 'advice' podcast, when really it should be called 'The McElroy Brothers' Yuk-Em-Up Nonsense Hour (Now Featuring Yahoo Answers.)'

Sammich
Sep 30, 2012

I mean, what else am I gonna do? I sit up here and I read the labels. Light goes on... Light goes off... That's pretty much my day.
The Lion, the Witch and the Boyskinz. Therein lies disturbingly realized imagery of the entirety of Narnia, but all in thongs, and the lion is named Asslan. Favorite episode by far.

Otherwise, I can only aspire to their goof-fu, and their relationship advice is adorable.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Man, I never realized how bad their audio levels were until I started listening to some episodes on my computer instead of my old laptop. Between all 3 of them talking in different volumes and the random outbursts of laughter, I'm adjusting my volume every 3 minutes.

Sammich
Sep 30, 2012

I mean, what else am I gonna do? I sit up here and I read the labels. Light goes on... Light goes off... That's pretty much my day.

VDay posted:

Man, I never realized how bad their audio levels were until I started listening to some episodes on my computer instead of my old laptop. Between all 3 of them talking in different volumes and the random outbursts of laughter, I'm adjusting my volume every 3 minutes.

This. Except in my car. Makes me wonder how easy it would be to automatically run a volume normalizer when I download new episodes. Hmmmm...

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Sammich posted:

This. Except in my car. Makes me wonder how easy it would be to automatically run a volume normalizer when I download new episodes. Hmmmm...

Let me know if you find something, cause I would be interested in that as well. The worst is when Griffin gets excited and says something fairly loud and then is immediately followed by Justin forgetting that we're not actually standing next to him and whispering something. I've had to actually go back a few times because I completely missed what he said because I had the volume down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
So many podcasts have this problem. It's so annoying, especially when i'm listening in the car and have to have it pretty loud to hear it normally, then get my ears destroyed when somebody yells. For the most part MBMBAM hasn't bothered me, though

• Locked thread