Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«68 »
Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Seeking podcasts that have rowdy energy. Podcasts i connect with are things like chapo, the dollop, ltpol. Not sure of content I am looking for. Should be conversational but I'd also like an informational component I can talk to others about. History or science or something, probably not politics and definately not more magick, aliens, or cults. And probably not movies or video games. Seeking something i can play while doing my remote job to use as an other people talking simulator but i can come away with with something to talk to people about.

and though I actually like a degree of worldly cynicism... need it to not to be super depressing right now. I keep going into funks of being unable to do much after work for days at a time.

Sorry this is vague. Seeking vibe more than topic. Tried episode one for a few episodes but seems I'm not into something that random.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Behind the Bastards? (Theyíre always throwing bagels and poo poo)
Conan oíbrien needs a friend?
Gossipmongers?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

TrueAnon, Antifada, I don't even own a Television, NeoScum (RPG Let's Play, lots of people talking), Not another D&D Podcast (RPG Let's Play),

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

Fun Shoe

This is just a random recommendation but Iím kind of liking the Adam & Norm Podcast. Itís two guys from Newcastle England just joking about whatever but with adorable accents.

evilpicard
Sep 11, 2006
I REPORT POSTS FROM FOUR YEARS AGO

Lions led by Donkeys

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Seeking podcasts that have rowdy energy. Podcasts i connect with are things like chapo, the dollop, ltpol. Not sure of content I am looking for. Should be conversational but I'd also like an informational component I can talk to others about. History or science or something, probably not politics and definately not more magick, aliens, or cults. And probably not movies or video games. Seeking something i can play while doing my remote job to use as an other people talking simulator but i can come away with with something to talk to people about.

and though I actually like a degree of worldly cynicism... need it to not to be super depressing right now. I keep going into funks of being unable to do much after work for days at a time.

Sorry this is vague. Seeking vibe more than topic. Tried episode one for a few episodes but seems I'm not into something that random.

It's long dead by now, but Caustic Soda might be a good fit. It's three guys discussing gross, deadly, dangerous, etc. things/topics in a lighthearted humorous fashion. They would also do research to make it informational at the same time, and would sometimes bring on qualified experts as guests. It was one of my favourite podcasts back when it was still going, but of course you'd have to filter out the episodes that cover particularly depressing topics.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Hemingway To Go! posted:

My Favorite Murder could be just what you're looking for. Even though it's a true crime podcast they're remarkably good about keeping an upbeat energy without being disrespectful to the people they're talking about.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

New Ringet podcast Boom/bust seems good so far. And itís about HQ trivia, so we were all obsessed with that. Or maybe just me?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Snowmankilla posted:

New Ringet podcast Boom/bust seems good so far. And itís about HQ trivia, so we were all obsessed with that. Or maybe just me?

I was very curious about how they made any money.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.

Clapping Larry

The latest Bugle is a work of loving art.

Nish Kumar "Dominic Raab has the vibe of someone who has definitely murdered...I can't prove that, allegedly, allegedly, citation needed, allegedly, but he has that vibe."

Andy Zaltzman "Through this Boris Johnson has been floundering around like a lactose-intolerant arachnophobe who's forgotten his safe word at a cheese and spiders fetish club."

Alice Fraser "Australians have left lockdown and now are treating each other like ooo I 'm going to use your leg like a stripper pole."

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

Gimme some mental health related podcasts that deal with covid poo poo and lonliness

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The Bugle is still going on? I used to listen to it but I thought they stopped when the one guy got a real job

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Gimme some mental health related podcasts that deal with covid poo poo and lonliness

Call in to Stavvy's show and talk about your problems, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7...Td2RQwYOi7zq0hQ (also on Twitch)

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.

Clapping Larry

Gripweed posted:

The Bugle is still going on? I used to listen to it but I thought they stopped when the one guy got a real job

Oh it's still going strong. It's on Spotify now too.

The Last Post is a crazed Aussie comedian doing a daily ten to fifteen-minute program from an alternate dimension which has Octopus tribes storming New New Zealand, a group of Picts that have been hiding in the London Underground finally coming back to the surface now that Brexit has kicked all foreigners away from England, the Italian government being run by the Wiggles, and Bob the sentient pile of oceanic plastic running for President in the United States.

https://thebuglepodcast.com

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

mike12345 posted:

Call in to Stavvy's show and talk about your problems, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7...Td2RQwYOi7zq0hQ (also on Twitch)

Hmmm no I don;t think so

MOVIE MAJICK fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 25, 2020

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Mental Illness Happy Hour sounds like just the thing you're looking for.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I am finding Our Plague Year to be useful in processing what is happening, but it's probably only adjacent to what you're asking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

Iíve been enjoying the latest season of Someone Knows Something

As a Canadian David Ridgenís smooth Ontario accent just sits really well and puts me in that happy place. The first episode is slow but really picks up in the second

«68 »