Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
just got to the end of s-town episode 2

what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

DogoDogo posted:

This is a truly perfect post and I love watching this exact moment unfold for people. Welcome.

spoilers for all of s-town:

yeah that was just like driving into a brick wall at 100. you get a weird true crime sounding podcast or something- i only clicked it because i like hearing about little towns in the south and love the accent (jimmy being tyler's hypeman was great), then bam. fuckin teared up whenever his friends did.

it was great, loved hearing about him, warts and warts and all. i think the last episode was a very bad landing though- going through the mercury stuff, then suddenly the BDSM things out of nowhere- it felt more uncomfortable than anything else in the whole podcast, the way it was talked about and laid out. especially the recording tyler had. maybe that could have gone elsewhere or something. i think the talk with his friend from the phoneline and the a life fulfilled stuff would have been better.

any other podcasts just about like... some small out of the way place? the life and history thereof? i sometimes go to the library and look at old record books, read about the coal mining and the people local to me. it's always comfy.

Quotey fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Sep 3, 2020

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

fadam posted:

I've been listening to a podcast called Report This Post recently. Each week the hosts pick a topic and find the worst posts people make about it on Reddit, Twitter, Facebook etc and read them out loud. This bit of this episode made me laugh harder than maybe any podcast I've ever listened to before:
https://soundcloud.com/reportthispost/104f-super-mario#t=30:27

i listened to it from the start and when it got to the end of the one you linked i fuckin screamed laughing. fun podcast.