Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:
Are there any podcasts like "God Awful Movies" but hosted by people who are actually funny and likeable? I'll even take specific episodes of movie-centric podcasts that just happen to be covering a religious film that week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

Thanks for the suggestion, and it looked good from the outset, but it's not for me. The fact the hosts are Christian themselves and super twee put me off.

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

Splicer posted:

Any good podcasts that deep dive into conspiracy theories that aren't true believers or "hurr dee hurr they so dumb"? I'm basically looking for 3+ people discussing modern (and not so modern) conspiracy theories like academics would discuss Greek myths.

Check out "MonsterTalk". They're primarily covering cryptids but there's a few eps that deal with conspiracy theories and UFO/Alien coverups. I'd recommend checking out the monster episodes anyeay since they're chock full of anthropological and historical information instead of just rehashing "But COULD it be real? How would it work if it did?" over and over.

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

Splicer posted:

I bounced off their earlier episodes, is there a good one to get a better idea of their later stuff from?

It's the same interview show it was a decade ago. Pick a subject you like or a guest you're familiar with and see if it's for you.

Otherwise I guess "Stuff They Don't Want You To Know" might be something to check out. It's a not a real academic deep dive but it's plenty informative.

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

Are there any podcasts that are just like anecdotes and horror stories about working on indie film sets? Something kinda like the book "The Disaster Artist", but in podcast form.