Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

I want more things similar to This American Life. Especially ones where they use radiojournalistic techniques (e.g. intersplicing narration and quotes) to tell stories about regular people, or just stories of weird things that don't normally make it to the news.

E: really, if it reminds of of TAL at all, let me know. I need more TAL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Is this the right place for me to plug a friend's comedy podcast? I find it genuinely funny, I'm not just plugging it because he's my friend.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Alright! The podcast is called Podcat by Allen With Chad. It's a weekly comedy podcast usually featuring an interview with some bottom-rung celebrity (for example, Edward Brownlee, the author of Rapture Factor on America).

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Bolocko posted:

One of my favorite podcasts is the Duncan Trussell Family Hour, which is Buddhist comedian Trussell interviewing various personalities and talking about 'far-out poo poo' for 90 minutes or more. (Here's a fun one with Dan Harmon http://youtu.be/1bIiDqGKdG4 )

Holy poo poo this is excellent. Thank you.