Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I'll ask anyway. Is there a way to shuffle between podcasts using an iPod? I set it to Shuffle: Songs but it won't work. Also I can't skip to the next podcast episode?

iPod issues aside, does anyone know any good podcasts on mythology? After 8 weeks of ambivalence I am suddenly very interested in mythology. Any mythology would be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I used iTunes on multiple (library) PCs and none of them caused any noise. Try asking the good folks over at SH/SC?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I'm not sure there's a proper thread for it, so I'll just ask here. Can anyone find the podcast Writing Excuses on the iTunes Store? I want to subscribe to them and relisten to their episodes again, but it doesn't come up when I search for it on my iTunes.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

User-Friendly posted:

Any recommendations for podcasts about ordinary people telling true stories from their lives? I tried Mortified, but those episodes are only 12-15 minutes and they only have a 20 episode backlog. Risk! is a pretty much what I want, but the host is unbearable levels of irritating. Anything similar?

I mean, there's not much backlog either, but as an lover of my national radio I feel compelled to recommend Confession Booth. It doesn't have its own page, but you can find it in iTunes. I don't listen voraciously to this genre of podcasts (or any fiction podcasts at all), but from the one episode I listened to (Annaliese Constable), it seems like a good listen.

It's an Australian podcast, though, so maybe there's cultural difference?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Nude posted:

Also, anything similar to The F Plus? Like a group of people who read odd stuff on the internet or somewhere else.

Group, no, but check out Lou Reads. Like The F Plus the material is weird internet stuff, but the difference is the reader is a single man and the stuff he reads can lean towards disgusting (an episode has him reading from a forum of cannibalism fetishists), so beware.

Also he doesn't make snide comments, so the defense all comes from you.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
So I've sorta dropped out of the podcast world for about the entirety of 2016 and 2017 (so far), and is left behind of so many podcasts. I've come across three podcasts that all have "town" in their name and it seems people really like them: Crimetown, Limetown and S-Town. What sort of podcasts are those and are they good?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I wonder if there's a The American Life for other countries as well. I kinda want a podcast or radio broadcast in the style of TAM in non-English languages, like German, Japanese or Indonesian.

Edit: So I just learned that one of my favourite gaming podcasts, Flip the Table, is in its final season and will be ending this month. Does anyone have...similar podcasts to that? It's basically four people mocking bad licensed table games (ie games based on other properties like tv shows). God, knowing one of my first podcasts is going to end is harrowing.

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jul 26, 2017

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

theironjef posted:

How about two guys making fun of bad, occasionally licensed role playing games?

I'll take it.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Before I stopped having fun with life, my three go-to podcasts are the MBMBAM, The Bugle, and Stop Podcasting Yourself. So...try those two, I guess.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Half of the show is interview, while the other half are them discussing things they overheard.

Regarding not recognizing anyone in it: Paul F. Tompkins was a guest on that show for like five times, try those episodes. My favourite was this one, but it's from 2014. The hosts are Canadian, so their guests are probably Canadian comedians. I'm not American in the first place, so the list of guests in, say, Bullseye or CBB is as foreign as those in SPY. At first, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Kangra posted:

I have a number of podcasts that are just 2-5 people talking, and I like to have them as background noise, but looking at my feed, it's mostly dudes. So I'm looking for more podcasts with female hosts. Any recommendations?

2 women hosted this podcast I really love called Mouth Time that is about them discussing several topics relevant to woman's mag issues. Except it's totally satirical and hilarious.

I suspect two women making fun of issues usually featured in women-aimed media appeals to me because I'm a misogynist, but that's neither here nor there.

Also, try Baby Geniuses, it's part real interview show, part fake CBB-ish interview show, hosted by two women.