Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So since Worst Episode Ever sucks dong are there any actually good podcasts about The Simpsons?

Four Finger Discount I've found are pretty good, though the fact fact that they're Australian may be making my judgement a bit biased. They have been going through each episode in chronological order, with some side episodes including interviews with people involved with the Simpsons, the most notable so far being Joe Montegna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
99% Invisible fits those requirements pretty well.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

PostNouveau posted:

Somebody should do a good Simpsons podcast. There's one called "Everything's Coming Up Podcast" and it seems to be picking up steam, but it's real loving bad and all they do is nonstop repeat jokes. Somebody's gotta start up a decent one before that poo poo one reaches critical mass.

I like Four Finger Discount, it's two Australian guys going through every episode in order. Though I might be biased as I'm Aussie myself. Some of the guys who do Laser Time also do Talking Simpsons, but I haven't listened to it so I don't know if it's any good.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
If you want to listen to bad movies getting made fun of, then We Hate Movies will be perfect for you based on your criteria.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

The Vosgian Beast posted:

What are the good podcasts that go through a band's discography album by album? I already know about the two Scott Aukerman/Adam Scott ones

The guys from duckfeed.tv did an album by album podcast about REM:

http://www.fileunderwater.net/about

I haven't actually listened to it yet but the rest of their shows on the network are pretty good so its worth giving a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Seeking podcasts that have rowdy energy. Podcasts i connect with are things like chapo, the dollop, ltpol. Not sure of content I am looking for. Should be conversational but I'd also like an informational component I can talk to others about. History or science or something, probably not politics and definately not more magick, aliens, or cults. And probably not movies or video games. Seeking something i can play while doing my remote job to use as an other people talking simulator but i can come away with with something to talk to people about.

and though I actually like a degree of worldly cynicism... need it to not to be super depressing right now. I keep going into funks of being unable to do much after work for days at a time.

Sorry this is vague. Seeking vibe more than topic. Tried episode one for a few episodes but seems I'm not into something that random.

It's long dead by now, but Caustic Soda might be a good fit. It's three guys discussing gross, deadly, dangerous, etc. things/topics in a lighthearted humorous fashion. They would also do research to make it informational at the same time, and would sometimes bring on qualified experts as guests. It was one of my favourite podcasts back when it was still going, but of course you'd have to filter out the episodes that cover particularly depressing topics.