Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Sistergodiva posted:

I think everyone should give Uhh Yeah Dude a try. Two friends talk about stuff, an hour each week. They have been at it like 8 years and it's still awesome and funny.

There is like 400 eps, but you can start anywhere. Even the first ones are good.

I started listening to UYD a few months ago but the feed only goes back to 201

Any way to access the whole archive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Sistergodiva posted:

Not sure. Podcastalley should have them.

So it does, cheers

Sistergodiva posted:

Also check the uyd thread I think there was talk of a torrent

Couldn't see anything

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

landgrabber posted:

Anyone here listen to Red Bar Radio? It's been getting really weird recently

Haven't listened in years. Mike just got too obnoxious for me to listen to anymore.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Snowmankilla posted:

So go to the earwolf thread? Or for a specific show?

I don't think it matters

:justpost:

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Snowmankilla posted:

Ha. Thanks. I am going to try the 4 posted. I am not going to lie, seeing like 300-400 episodes I am behind freaks me out a bit. I got into HH last year, and it took at least a year to get through 100 and some. Hopefully I will not like all 4 of these? Wanting to be a completionist will probably kill me at this point.

Yeah I struggle with this too.

Got a book, video game, podcast, TV show, anime backlog to last me… well, probably far too much of my free time

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

toanoradian posted:

Stop Podcasting Yourself

I've looked at the feed for this a few times but it seems like an interview(?) podcast where I don't really recognise any of the people that are on it.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I’ve used Downcast for years but the regular crashes when plugged into car audio are annoying. What are recommendations for iOS podcast apps?

I went from Instacast > Downcast > Overcast and haven't looked back since Overcast launched

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

mrfart posted:

'It could happen here' from 'behind the bastards' robert evans is really interesting so far. Of course, it's only the second episode, not sure if it's intended to be a long series

It's a nine-part series. I agree though, really interesting.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

WHY BONER NOW posted:

What's a good game of thrones podcast? I'm looking for something that updates with each episode, where the hosts enjoy the show but joke around and make fun of it too (not hatewatching).

A Cast of Kings has always been my go to but Binge Mode is pretty popular

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Yeah discussion of tabletop RPGs vs playing a tabletop RPG, I guess. Not sure why the specific term 'actual play' caught on though

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Oh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yes

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

busalover posted:

audible has podcasts now? oh no

It's had 'Audible Originals' since 2018

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

evilpicard posted:

The intertwined sagas of Joy Division and New Order will be chronicled in the upcoming podcast, Transmissions: The Definitive Story, premiering October 29th.

The first run of eight episodes will follow Joy Division through their founding and rise to Ian Curtis’ death by suicide in 1980. It will then tackle the formation of New Order and the group’s early years, up through their 1983 hit, “Blue Monday.” (While a second season hasn’t been announced, it would conceivably focus on the rest of New Order’s Eighties heyday, their split in the Nineties, and subsequent reunions in the 2000s and 2010s.)

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/joy-division-new-order-transmissions-podcast-1073319/

Extremely my poo poo. Thanks for the heads up!

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Gripweed posted:

I feel like this is gonna be something that even people who aren't fans of Chapo Trap House should get on. HW Bush was a super central figure in 20th Century America and most people just think of him as Dana Carvey from SNL

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1327026975781871620?s=20

Where do I find this? Is it just gonna be in the normal Chapo feed and isn't out yet?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Human Tornada posted:

It's in the premium feed. You could search for the chapo black wolf rss you aren't a patreon, although it hasn't made it there yet.

Thanks. I'll probably just grab it from the pirate feed. Used to be a patron but fell off listening since there's enough poo poo going on here to want to listen to a pod on American politics too. This sounds interesting though.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

mrfart posted:

Yes I know, but the times I used oldest to newest it still started playing newly downloaded episodes in between the old episodes. I haven’t tried it for some time because I got the habit of just making a playlist when I have podcasts with a lot of old episodes. So maybe that all got fixed or I did something wrong in the first place.

cuntman.net posted:

oh no. thats exactly what i was getting mad at the default podcast app for in the first place

It's an easily toggleable setting in Overcast

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

a dozen swans posted:

If you're trying to solve the DeuxMoi gossip, they're talking about MBMBAM

What was the goss?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
I hope it was fun gossip and not sex pest gossip

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Pocket Casts because it has a functional queue system

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

RandolphCarter posted:

That’s not it. I used beyondpod for a decade, and had my podcasts categorized by which day of the week they released new episodes. Don’t really care for a giant alphabetized list. Just need to adjust. :shrug:

A playlist is not alphabetised, though. It's ordered by release date

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

RandolphCarter posted:

The lack of folders/categories in Overcast is a giant bummer.

Pocket Casts just released an update that added folders. Not sure if they'll do what you're hoping but I immediately thought of this thread when I saw the update.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Snowy posted:

Ooh interesting, thanks. I haven’t tried that one yet

It's Android only, and I'm assuming you have an iPhone since you're using Overcast

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Had a chuckle with how the podcast jams in ads with no breaks so an explanation of Qusay Hussein's crimes was interrupted by an ad mid-sentence.

Is it one of those dynamically inserted deals, or is it planned like that?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Cactus posted:

So has the Crate and Crowbar pc gaming pod finally kicked it? They've been afaik radio silent since February now. It would be such a shame if it fizzled, I'd always rather an announcement that it's ending than this uncertainty, when it comes to something this long-lived. And I hope they're ok.

I was also thinking this so I checked the Discord and here's some updates:

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So with Stitcher (my podcast aggregator of choice) shutting down soon, are Spotify, Amazon, Apple, and Google my only options with both apps and websites to allow for easy continued listening across devices? Also do any of those 4 allow for the importing of external RSS feeds for like Patreon content and whatnot?

This makes me so sad. :(

PocketCasts supports all the platforms, has a web player, and allows external feeds

If you're into the Apple ecosystem then Overcast

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I assume they allow for importing of show lists?

Assuming Stitcher gave you an OPML file, then yeah

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also thanks friend!

No worries :)

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yup! Sure did! Does that also track listening history or just follows/subscriptions?

I believe just subscriptions, but it's been a few years since I've done it

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

busalover posted:

Neoscum is defunct

This looks cool. Is it defunct because it just reached its conclusion, or drama, or...?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Ches Neckbeard posted:

So what's the popular podcatcher these days?

Which OS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

rotinaj posted:

Oh, these are standup comedians who have been doing comedy for a while?

Or are they some randoes off the internet who have a hit to miss ratio not quite that high and they don’t bring anything else interesting to the table

That’s the thing, there is always a jillion of these podcasts or YouTube streamers who certainly exist and can be watched and have their fans and maybe even make a joke or two, but at the cost of a thousand poo poo jokes because they are just some fuckin guy off the internet

I've never even listened to Ballin' Out Super, but it seems ridiculous to imply the only worthwhile funny podcasts are ones by established standup comics??