Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Gravy Jones posted:

Is anyone listening to Mohr Stories? I listened to the first one and was on the fence. I really like the behind the scenes stuff with regards to working actors and comedians, or anything in the entertainment industry actually, but found Mohr to be pretty annoying. Anyone have any opinions of it as an ongoing show? Alternatively anything else along these lines I should be checking out?

It's not 'funny embellished stories that happened on the set' but Wolf Den is semi-serious interviews about comedy and podcasting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

dnbrwn posted:

Just wanted to get a recommendation on good general sports podcasts other than Bill Simmons and the repeats of PTI. Any suggestions?

Give Hang Up and Listen a try.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Maybe try the local radio stations' websites. A lot of the regular radio shows here(not any of those languages) are available as podcasts.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Go nuts: http://www.liveatc.net/

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

escape artist posted:

Any recommendations for good podcasts that give insight into the way certain comics craft their jokes? Their creative process?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XszIT9eCTrA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Kamakaze9 posted:

Anyone have anything good dealing with psychology? I've always been interested in the subject but I'm too practical to choose it as a major and too busy to take it on as a hobby right now. I'm fine with either lecture/lesson or conversational/topical format.

One I have enjoyed is called Psychology in Everyday Life: The Psych Files. Huge back catalogue too.