Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

bbcisdabomb posted:

It's a little different from the current questions, but what is everyone using to download their podcasts? I would assume most people use iTunes, but it always felt really slow to use. Most other podcast downloaders are for Linux, from what I see.

I've used Juice Reciever in the past and it works pretty well, once you figure out the interface.

Honestly I'm a huge nerd and have a Subsonic setup running in a little VM at home. It not only snags my podcasts but lets me hit the rest of my media in my huge sperglibrary via Flash streaming. I must say it is sweet to catch the latest podcasts then hop over and listen to some tunes or watch some sitcoms, all via a browser. If you want to get intricate with your setup, I recommend playing with it. Since it saves the podcasts to configurable folders, you can also use it as an archival tool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU