Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Not A Vet Yet posted:

This might be better asked over in The Goon Doctor, but does anyone have any recommendations for podcasts on the subject of medicine? Either aimed at the general public or at medical staff would be cool. Thanks.

edgydoc.com

the puscast (mentioned above) goes through recent infectious disease litterature and the quackcast demolishes alternative medicine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Good news everyone! The history of Rome-guy is planning to release his new podcast this september instead of next year!

http://thehistoryofrome.typepad.com/the_history_of_rome/2013/05/update-one-year-later.html

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

TheJoker138 posted:

Ok, so I got a job driving a while back, so I'm out on deliveries for hours every day. This means I've quickly cut through the backlogs of all of my podcasts, and even eaten through some others I just started listening to. So I'm looking for two things, one is a very specific podcast I knew of and then forgot about and can't find again, and the other is just some general recommendations.

First off, someone suggested this podcast in the Night Vale thread a while back, but I lost it. It was a radio play style podcast that did both adaptations of old short stories like Lovecraft stuff, and original things. It was straight up horror focused, for the most part anyway, and not as jokey as something like Thrilling Adventure Hour. If anyone has any idea what this might be I'd love to know.

Second, here is a list of the things I currently listen to and enjoy. If anyone could recommend some stuff that they think I might like based on these that would be great.

Welcome to Nightvale, Thrilling Adventure Hour, Giant Bombcast, The Steve Austin Show, Talk is Jericho, Skeptoid. Any recommendations?

I think everyone should give Uhh Yeah Dude a try. Two friends talk about stuff, an hour each week. They have been at it like 8 years and it's still awesome and funny.

There is like 400 eps, but you can start anywhere. Even the first ones are good.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

101 posted:

I started listening to UYD a few months ago but the feed only goes back to 201

Any way to access the whole archive?

Not sure. Podcastalley should have them. Also check the uyd thread I think there was talk of a torrent

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Any good true crime podcasts?

I love casefile, bear Brook, obscura.

I enjoy trace evidence but all of its cases being unsolved can get a bit much.

I like true crime garage even though the captain can be a bit tiresome.

MFM is too much banter and too short cases.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Thanks!

The boxing one was good. Tried a small town murder one from Florida and had to turn it off not to wake my gf from laughing.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

TV Zombie posted:

What episode is the small town murder from Florida?

164, Greenwood, Florida. They also talk about the Two Egg stump jumper.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

I love The Weird Tales Podcast. Short stories both old and new with a great narrator.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Any good coding podcast? Either general or js/frontend.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Small Town murder is great. Thanks to this thread. Two comedians take on a random murder in a small US town with less than 30k pop. Regular small town murders and a lot of fun stuff.

Casefile is great for serious stuff.

Bear Brook is a single case but mind-blowing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Anything more like The Silt Verses, I am in Askew or Darkest night?

Basically weird takes/horror audio drama.

Also love knifepoint horror and I am out of episodes of Pseudopod.