Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Grand Fromage posted:

God I love tortured puns. Andy having a pun-causing brain tumor definitely sounds like the kind of email they might read, good luck.
Yeah, depending on how it's worded I can totally see that getting onto the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

attackofthequasars
Aug 3, 2011

subject to change without notice
Zsinjeh what a discovery! I'd hate for Andy to stop the puns because they're so amazing but we have to protect his brain! I hope they read your email and Andy makes a pun run out of it!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Well I signed it with my name, which is a double-name and ends in a german sounding surname and I'm Swedish, so he might have some ammo there.
I'd gladly give up my pride if it gives Andy the help he needs. :ohdear:

attackofthequasars
Aug 3, 2011

Whoa. That is like a red flag! Two weeks ago they read my email but they only pronounced my name slightly wrong. I hope yours gets better comedic treatment.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
The only person I know of who can match Zaltzman in puns is the completely unrelated Ken Rudin of NPR. Actually, not only do both men have a genuine gift for punning, but they both have an encyclopedic knowledge of sports facts.

I'd love an It's All Politics/The Bugle crossover podcast :3:

BobTheCow
Dec 11, 2004

That's a thing?

How are u posted:

The only person I know of who can match Zaltzman in puns is the completely unrelated Ken Rudin of NPR. Actually, not only do both men have a genuine gift for punning, but they both have an encyclopedic knowledge of sports facts.

Hahaha yes! That would be the most fantastic thing! I love the way NPR covers sports, it always cracks me up.

rockamiclikeavandal
Jul 2, 2010

How are u posted:

One of my favorite parts of the whole thing is episode 5 when Jon is talking about Pakistan and Zaltzman gives him a Pakistan quiz that is only about cricket.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
Stephen Harper is not our president. :mad:

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

How are u posted:

Al Murray on the 7 Day Sunday podcast (which would also interest British listeners of the Bugle) described Andy's puns as so powerful that they can retroactively take down governments.

He ended Stalin-ism this week.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Heners_UK posted:

Al Murray on the 7 Day Sunday podcast (which would also interest British listeners of the Bugle) described Andy's puns as so powerful that they can retroactively take down governments.

He ended Stalin-ism this week.

Thanks for the info on this podcast. One thing I've noticed is that Andy is unbelievably funny on it and only seems average on the Bugle, because he's on it with John who is loving incredible.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Andy got a shout-out in the new rifftrax on demand movie.

Really wasn't expecting that!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Disappointed we don't have any photos of Chris and Andy living it up in Chris' house.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
I lost it when Andy realized he was contradicting his own previously stated (not 30 minutes earlier) lie about basketball.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
... I think it'll be with commemorative mugs!

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

attackofthequasars posted:

Zsinjeh what a discovery! I'd hate for Andy to stop the puns because they're so amazing but we have to protect his brain! I hope they read your email and Andy makes a pun run out of it!

Well, that didn't quite happen, but that tortured Emile Nolde pun made up for a it a bit.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Oh well, was a great(?) couple of puns though. He mentioned he got a couple of more mentions of that brain trauma, looks like more fans heard of it.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Zsinjeh posted:

Oh well, was a great(?) couple of puns though. He mentioned he got a couple of more mentions of that brain trauma, looks like more fans heard of it.

When I heard the, "several people emailed...", I assumed a few people here tried to snake you when you posted about it first.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
He is the shithead that keeps on giving http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/16/11231096-witness-italian-ex-pm-berlusconi-hosted-strippers-dressed-as-nuns?lite

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Berlusconi is the goose that lays the golden eggs, except that in this version of the story the eggs contain 17 year old Italian prostitutes who he then attempts to gently caress.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

From The Bugle Facebook, Andy right in the middle of a pun-run:
https://twitter.com/#!/producerchris/status/190887749694402560/photo/1/large
That smile will haunt me.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Zsinjeh posted:

From The Bugle Facebook, Andy right in the middle of a pun-run:
https://twitter.com/#!/producerchris/status/190887749694402560/photo/1/large
That smile will haunt me.

That is the face of someone experiencing religious ecstasy.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

The Dark One posted:

Well, that didn't quite happen, but that tortured Emile Nolde pun made up for a it a bit.

Will anything ever top "Cold and wet weaver"? It's a fair question.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I don't think Andy would enjoy the pun runs half so much if it weren't for how much John and Chris clearly hate them. For their part, John and Chris amplify this hatred to give Andy the reaction he's going for. It's actually quite a nice moment between friends.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Lamuella posted:

I don't think Andy would enjoy the pun runs half so much if it weren't for how much John and Chris clearly hate them. For their part, John and Chris amplify this hatred to give Andy the reaction he's going for. It's actually quite a nice moment between friends.

I feel exactly the same way :3: A pun-run allows all three of them to just revel in how ridiculous they are.

sildenafil
Dec 17, 2004

They're just jealous.

Lamuella posted:

Long time listeners will recall that John had similar reactions to the Audio Cryptic Crossword.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Pourin' out a 40 for the crossword.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

sildenafil posted:

Long time listeners will recall that John had similar reactions to the Audio Cryptic Crossword.
John's anguished lamentations are the fuel that The Bugle runs on.

The legendary dog-based pun-run was amazing, but it would have been nothing without John's audible pain.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Apr 19, 2012

sildenafil
Dec 17, 2004

They're just jealous.
John did crack up at "cold and wet weaver" and acknowledge its brilliance, while Chris took the opportunity to resign (again).

Then again, maybe the 31st pun just broke him.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

sildenafil posted:

Then again, maybe the 31st pun just broke him.
A few days ago my Wife told me she doesn't really like puns.
For a moment, I genuinely thought she was trying to tell me she was leaving me.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Robot Hobo posted:

A few days ago my Wife told me she doesn't really like puns.
For a moment, I genuinely thought she was trying to tell me she was leaving me.

Half the fun of puns is hating them.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Poopy Palpy posted:

Andy Zaltzman is a living embodiment of the idea that a successful joke can divide a crowd but a genuinely bad pun will unite them like nothing else.

sildenafil
Dec 17, 2004

They're just jealous.
The new episode is loving brilliant!

attackofthequasars
Aug 3, 2011

Poopy Palpy posted:

That's it exactly! When you hear the pun you HAVE to cringe and moan because that makes it funnier.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Normally for the London Marathon my friends and I drink and cheer on the runners, and have an arbitrary sign of support on the side of the building. This is us;

Just imagine instead of the helpful and motivating "COME ON JIM" a cheerfully badly spray painted "F**K YOU CHRIS", I think the perfect thing to be seen by thousands of passing runners.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Are there any pictures of Chris out there?

I hate to think that one day I might unknowingly cross paths with him and not get to tell him "gently caress you chris" to his face.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
http://radiochris.tumblr.com/

http://hackneyempire.tumblr.com/

and he is not going to run the marathon, he is going to walk it

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Boom! http://twitter.com/#!/hellobuglers/status/194139045574606849

edit: http://twitter.com/#!/producerchris/status/194143953921130496

Chris posted:

@producerchris
@you_twits @hellobuglers I finished less than a quarter of a day behind the winner. It was close. You've made my day!

I'm strangely proud.

Rude Dude With Tude fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Apr 22, 2012

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
http://results-2012.virginlondonmar...t=MAS&ageclass=

finish details
place (M/W) 18233
place (ag) 9764
place (overall) 25820
finish time 04:59:16

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

or to put it in the words of Andy, he lost. Didn't even finish in the top ten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The winner could have lapped him that's how TERRIBLE Chris was. Looks like the gently caress YOU CHRIS didn't motivate him enough.

• Locked thread