Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Junior G-man posted:

I have a question for you cocktail knowledge people, as I'm not (yet) one of you :(

Tomorrow I want to make these sweet and smoky spareribs with some slaw on the side for dinner with my dad. I'm looking for a preferably bourbon-based cocktail that goes well with the dish - ideally something with soda or other non-alcohol in it to prevent him keeling over drunk halfway through the meal.

The site recommends these, but I don't have the money to go out and buy both gin and Pimm's right now.

Anyone have a good suggestion?

I may get killed for suggesting it, but Lynchburg Lemonade is an excellent summer / BBQ drink if you're looking for something that's not exactly high alcohol. Jack Daniels technically isn't bourbon but the drink seems like it will suit your needs and you can make it with your bourbon of choice (which I think makes it less sweet and therefore better) if you really want. It's also more lemon-lime soda then anything else, but it can creep up on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU