Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
When people at my bar ask me to make them something lately, I've been making New York Whiskey Sours

2oz whiskey (I give them Maker's Mark if I'm at work, Evan Williams if I'm at home)
1oz Lemon Juice
a dash of sugar

and then I float 1/4 or 1/2 an ounce of Cabernet on top by pouring it slowly over the back of a spoon.

It gives you that whiskey sour taste but makes it more fruity. My girlfriend loves them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I picked up Smuggler's Cove last week and have been reading/knocking out Tiki drinks every night since. So far I've made a Tradewinds, Halekulani, Jungle Bird, Jet Pilot, Don's Own Grogg, Queen's Park Swizzle, and a Lauwiliwilinukunuku'oi'oi.

I've loved every one so far, though the Jet Pilot and Jungle Bird stand out from the rest so far. I bartended for 10 years before moving into the tech industry (which I did 4 years ago) and I miss bartending every day. I don't miss relying on it to pay my bills, but I do miss making cocktails and interacting with guests. This is kind of taking me back to those days.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Possibly a Davy Jones Locker?

Fernet, Rum, Grapefruit Juice, Lime Juice, and Cinnamon Syrup

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

Gorman Thomas posted:

Ok, maybe not a new thing for any of you, but I just found out Chik fil a will sell a 5lb bag of pellet ice for $1.50. I'm going to make some many goddamn mint Julips.

Sonic will as well.

Or you can buy a GE Pellet Ice Machine that is getting a ton of hype
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ge-pro...wE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

Sir Lemming posted:

So I've been on a quest to gather everything I need to make a Ramos Gin Fizz. The thing that has been eluding me was orange blossom water. So today I finally went to an Indian grocery to pick some up. And that's when I also found almond syrup. Orgeat has been another elusive ingredient on my list. What I'm trying to figure out is, is this a close substitute? I've read that orgeat needs to have actual almond extract instead of just "flavor", so this ingredient list doesn't necessarily bode well...

"Sugar, water, almond flavor, citric acid, sodium benzoate"

I'm thinking it might still be a good substitute regardless, but I figured I'd ask and find out if I'm way off base.

Ingredient list photo:
https://i.imgur.com/7LR2kcb.jpg

https://www.liberandcompany.com/pro...0xoCUA8QAvD_BwE

Highly recommend Liber & Co Orgeat. Yeah it's not hard to make yourself but it's also just pretty cheap to order online.