Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simpo
May 1, 2008
I didn't think Jim Beam rye was that bad, although I haven't had it for a while since my bottle shop actually started wild turkey's rye, which is really nice.

speaking of whisk(e)ys, does anyone have any suggestions for good scotch based cocktails? I know the rob roy and rusty nail, but any others you guys can recommend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simpo
May 1, 2008

Vegetable Melange posted:

Better still, lighten up honey with water to the consistency for simple syrup and nic that in; all the honey whisky liquors I've tried are suckingly sweet and under proof.

I quite like a whisky sour done with a honey syrup instead of simple syrup. Anyone know if it it has a special name?

Simpo
May 1, 2008

Klauser posted:

^^^ Well said.

Made another drink that is nice for fall.

Trinidad Sour

1oz Angostura bitters
1oz orgeat
3/4oz lemon juice
1/2oz rye

Shake/strain.

That sounds pretty nice. One of these days I'm going to make up a batch of orgeat, one of these days...