Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cucurbit
Feb 23, 2009

I like turtles posted:

I've been requested to make a halloween-ish themed alcoholic punch for, well, halloween. At this point, kinda thinking a handle of vodka, a bottle or two of wine, fruit juice of some sort (berry? mango?), cut with sprite or 7up or something. Toss some food safe glowsticks in there before the party to get it glowing. Maybe food dye? Possibly toss some dry ice in there every now and then?

It'll be in a big glass bottle with a tap on the bottom, so it should look good in that context

Obviously this isn't a fine cocktail, but I'd still like to make something tasty and not too expensive to get ~10 ~25 year olds sloshed and be themed well enough. Suggestions for wines, fruit juices, or entirely different relatively affordable party punches?

Why not use an orange fruit juice, and then do a float of something like Midori melon (basically something green), or dye some alcohol you already have green and do a float of that, so it's something like an enormous pumpkin in a bottle? You could add white wine, sparkling or flat, and perhaps a mix of orange and pineapple juice, or mango, or peach, or all four or something.

Also, as an above poster said, tonic water glows under black light, so you could add that in, although it might not sit well with guests who would be seeking out a very sweet punch. Maybe tonic ice cubes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU