Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

The Triumphant posted:

That's literally the experience that made me into a religious bourbon drinker. Hangin with my roommate who'd been watching a lot of Mad Men adn he asked if I knew how to make an Old Fashioned. I said I'd do my best and six months later we've got five empty Maker's bottles around the apartment.

Don Draper uses Old Overholt Rye (made by Jim Beam I think)

There are shitloads of Rye's out there now....they are drier and spicier but perfect for manhattan's or sazerac's.

You should be able to at least find the Bulleitt Rye (even their regular bottling has a high percentage of rye), and Russel's Reserve.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 10, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

DasNeonLicht posted:

He uses Old Overholt at Roger's Kentucky Derby party, but that's only because everyone has drunk all the bourbon.

For sure there, as it was memorable since he jumps over the bar and mixes them up for himself and Hilton. I could have sworn I've seen some OO in his and/or Roger's office at some point and ordered it in LA. I'm probably wrong.

But yeah, for the most part he's hitting the bottle of CC in his office.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
6pm PST I will have a Sapphire (out of Hendricks) Martini with some Cinzano vermouth and two big rear end spanish olives.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

nrr posted:

Please though, do me (and yourself!) a favour and don't ever use those lovely loving bullshit sugar bombs, soaked in colour and preservatives, in any drink you make. Ever. Thanks.

I try to stockpile these when I find them. They work for desserts too obviously.

http://www.tillenfarms.com/Merry-Maraschino-Cherries/p/TIL-00018&c=TillenFarms@Cherries

"cherries WITHOUT using artificial colors, artificial flavors, sulfites and preservatives"

Their pickled carrots and beans are tasty as well.

EDIT: just ordered some cherries, pickled beans and tomatoes. $6.95 shipping to California.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Sep 28, 2012

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

nrr posted:

I haven't tried Regan's, but Fee Brothers have a gin barrel aged orange bitters that's wayy better than their regular.

The Fee Brothers Cherry bitters is fantastic as well as just a compliment to soda or with soda/vodka.

I'm out of Gin and I made a Vodka Martini on Friday night and it made me want to go buy more Gin. :barf:

I like vodka in many things but for some reason a vodka martini makes me gag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Crater Lake Gin is good poo poo.