Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Thanks for making this thread, gonna be following this one closely.

The wife and I just got into making cocktails after we realized that we drink too much beer and our liquor has just been sitting around. We have some of the stuff needed for proper cocktailing, however, we need to add to our 'mixers'. Currently only have Grenedine, Rose's Lime Juice, Triple Sec, and Dry Vermouth.

My favorite thus far is a proper gin and juice.

2 oz Gin
3 oz Orange Juice
2 oz Grapefruit Juice
Wedge of Lime

So f'n good.

I do have one question though, when a book says a 'measure of X' does that mean it's all in relation to the other measure's that are listed?

For Example
2 measures of gin
2 measures of grenadine
1 measure of fresh lime juice

Regnevelc fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Sep 23, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

that awful man posted:

Yes, it's just indicating the proportions and you can scale it to fit your glassware.

branedotorg posted:

It's generally 30mls (1 liquid ounce-ish)

Thanks you two. I already assumed a measure indicated an oz, so I'll just keep believing that. I just whipped up a "New York Experience" Bourbon, Triple Sec, and Dry Vermouth, yum.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Klauser posted:

Ok so I went ahead and made this. I used Michters small batch, Cointreau, and Martini & Rossi Dry.

Thanks for posting, I really like it. I have to admit this isn't a recipe I would normally see and think 'Oh I'm gonna make that'. I really like the way the vermouth and Cointreau work together, and how the bourbon is just sort of...there, through everything.

I agree, this drink is going to go into my rotation. I was out of Bourbon this weekend or I would have had quite a few more.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Wompa164 posted:

What are your favorite gins?

New Amsterdam is very good for the price.

Other than that, I drink Bombay Sapphire, Beefeaters, and Tanqueray. Depends on the price of the handle when I'm shopping