Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
There's this episode where Seth is telling a story about when he was in a restaurant and this bat-poo poo insane super hot woman takes her clothes off and starts freaking out. The story is so surreal, was he really standing there when that happened?

Also ep. 188, Live in Brooklyn is fantastic. Craigslist, Weed/Horse/Mind's Eye, and probably Jah's best poetry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemical Shift
Aug 17, 2008

Asnorban posted:

Sethro's obssession with egging anything and anyone in episode 98 is cracking me up. I started listening at episode 200, and have been listening to the past eps (worked my way up to 99). Not looking forward to having heard them all.
There are so many that when you start over again (and you'll want to), it's still fantastic.

UYD4Life, it's the best podcast ever. Just listened to Episode 17 again and I couldn't stop laughing throughout most of it. For new people (or people like me who have gone through the archives many many times), I recommend that for a random ep, really great.

Edit:

Caper posted:

There's this episode where Seth is telling a story about when he was in a restaurant and this bat-poo poo insane super hot woman takes her clothes off and starts freaking out. The story is so surreal, was he really standing there when that happened?

That's Episode 17! "Which one am I here for?!"

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Chemical Shift posted:

That's Episode 17! "Which one am I here for?!"

I loved Jah's early shownotes, they were always so offensive and hilarious.

This is Episode 17's notes

Ya know what, after typing all that out. You all should just read it yourselves.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Professor Latency posted:

I loved Jah's early shownotes, they were always so offensive and hilarious.

This is Episode 17's notes

Ya know what, after typing all that out. You all should just read it yourselves.

I disagree, it takes too many clicks to get there.

Episode 17 — June 4th 2006

Allow the germ infested peanut butter to coat your stomach as you ingest another hour of the finest in modern broadcast entertainment. The last Uhh Yeah Dude podcast to ever be heard. Why you ask??? It is the end of the world you know it just as well as we do. 6-6-06 bitches look alive. Yes you cunts run. Run for the hills. UYD is doing sacrifices all day and night to appease the real God Satan. Why because he is coming over like tomorrow to see how his movie does against The Break Up and X-Sham 3. We try to bring it back west coast with our hip hop song of the week however something or (someone) just falls short. I certainly agree with the laugh now part, cry later I am not so sure about. Bargain basement hitmen and grandparents. Florida you have never made such a convincing argument towards your own complete banishment from this Jesus force fielded country of ours. Dead Girl vs. Coma Girl certainly doing better shapeshifting than the whackest movie ever. Hey X-Men 3 be worse. Jonathan drops more heated prose from his angst filled Rasta past. Yeah you heard me. It is the best fuckng podcast you've never heard in your life. But you will in Hell because we are all super dead in like 24 hours. So peace out shitsticks.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"I'm sports, I'm shiatsu, I'm sensual."

Can anybody remember which episode this is from? I just listened to it recently but can't remember the episode, and very surprisingly it's not on the UYD Wiki.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

JethroMcB posted:

"I'm sports, I'm shiatsu, I'm sensual."

Can anybody remember which episode this is from? I just listened to it recently but can't remember the episode, and very surprisingly it's not on the UYD Wiki.

Episode 8? I am going solely off of a Google for that quote and UYD, and one of the descriptions showed up with "Shiatsu" in it, but not the others.

Watched episode 100 last night, I really wish they did that more. It isn't crucial to the experience, but I really enjoyed watching them while listening. Maybe for ep 300.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
LeTurne and Schneere.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

Song For The Deaf posted:

LeTurne and Schneere.

I just heard this one and the end where they do "Straight Talkin'" or whatever and it's just a long back-and-forth of no-content phrases was really loving funny

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
I had to pull my car over the first time I heard the Straight-Talkin' segment.

That sounds like hyperbole, but it's not.

What episode was that? I'd like to dip back in for it.

Edit: "You're saying names, but they're not quite names."

Alfajor
Jun 10, 2005

The delicious snack cake.
I usually listen to UYD at the gym, and there have been many a time when I'm in the middle of pushing something and I have to quickly rack the weights because I'm laughing.
I get looks from people around me and all, like :confused:. Thanks, UYD!

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I love this show so much, I've been listening since 2009 I think and its never not been good.

I'm trying to remember an episode (it was maybe sometime around Thanksgiving 2009), where they talk about some study that talks about when you have sex with someone you're associated with x number of partners and Seth kind of freaks out. I'm trying to check the wiki but drat that thing is slow.

edit: Found it, episode 186. It has some other good stories too, such as Seth's mom going to an Apple store to buy an ipod so she could listen to the podcast, and they pulled it up over the speakers in the store and the first line everyone heard was "I want to gently caress my father"

Combo fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Sep 27, 2011

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

Lincecum, Cain, and pray for rain
Episode 72. The last bit about Barry Bonds and catching a home run ball had me in tears. I'm worried about what I'll hear once I make it up to 89.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?

Asnorban posted:

Watched episode 100 last night, I really wish they did that more. It isn't crucial to the experience, but I really enjoyed watching them while listening. Maybe for ep 300.

All I want is video of Seth moonwalking for episode 300.

Nadine Hauklund
May 17, 2002

A boy's best friend is his mother.
I listen at work in the afternoon with earbuds, little treat for myself. A few weeks ago I was listening when I went to use the bathroom and got into the stall and they started with some goddamned Craigslist poo poo and just as I was about to start laughing someone else walked into the bathroom and took the stall next to me. I tried to hold back laughing and kept fumbling for my headphone cord so I could shut off the goddamned podcast because I was getting hysterical and was silent laughing so hard that the snort-laughing started, which made me snort-laugh even harder. I was like "gently caress it, no time to pee, time to leave" and zipped up and flushed the toilet but still couldn't stop laughing until I heard a little voice come over the stall wall "...um...are you okay? Do you want me to get something for you?" Made an idiot of myself trying to explain that I was just laughing at some guys reading a Craigslist ad, but I don't think it was a satisfactory answer.

Ep. 22 last night when they were going on about the truck driver/serial killer that walked into the police station with the tit in his pocket. Oh my god, I about ditched my car laughing.

TheOtherContraGuy
Jul 4, 2007

brave skeleton sacrifice

Nadine Hauklund posted:

I listen at work in the afternoon with earbuds, little treat for myself. A few weeks ago I was listening when I went to use the bathroom and got into the stall and they started with some goddamned Craigslist poo poo and just as I was about to start laughing someone else walked into the bathroom and took the stall next to me. I tried to hold back laughing and kept fumbling for my headphone cord so I could shut off the goddamned podcast because I was getting hysterical and was silent laughing so hard that the snort-laughing started, which made me snort-laugh even harder. I was like "gently caress it, no time to pee, time to leave" and zipped up and flushed the toilet but still couldn't stop laughing until I heard a little voice come over the stall wall "...um...are you okay? Do you want me to get something for you?" Made an idiot of myself trying to explain that I was just laughing at some guys reading a Craigslist ad, but I don't think it was a satisfactory answer.

Ep. 22 last night when they were going on about the truck driver/serial killer that walked into the police station with the tit in his pocket. Oh my god, I about ditched my car laughing.

I work in a laboratory and was dissecting some flies and listening to a recent episode where Jah is talking about sexual role models and he says "I wanna gently caress like my dad fucks" and I managed to stand up from my microscope and take one step before I burst into tears and ran out of the room. My coworkers thought I had a mental breakdown.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Uhh Yeah Dude is like that old riddle of two gatekeepers. Johnathan tells only truths, but Seth tells only lies

Production
Jun 11, 2001

Song For The Deaf posted:

I had to pull my car over the first time I heard the Straight-Talkin' segment.

That sounds like hyperbole, but it's not.

What episode was that? I'd like to dip back in for it.

Edit: "You're saying names, but they're not quite names."

http://uhhyeahdude.com/index.php/wiki/Episode_139/

"Downright Talking with Schneer and Letern"

Baron Patsy
Apr 9, 2006

I'M SPECIAL DAMMIT

Combo posted:

I love this show so much, I've been listening since 2009 I think and its never not been good.

I'm trying to remember an episode (it was maybe sometime around Thanksgiving 2009), where they talk about some study that talks about when you have sex with someone you're associated with x number of partners and Seth kind of freaks out. I'm trying to check the wiki but drat that thing is slow.

edit: Found it, episode 186. It has some other good stories too, such as Seth's mom going to an Apple store to buy an ipod so she could listen to the podcast, and they pulled it up over the speakers in the store and the first line everyone heard was "I want to gently caress my father"

this is such a great episode, it's also the one where jah starts talking about people filming a child being born with a special camera and seeing its aura and seth just goes "well nope that didn't happen but go on"

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Seinfeld plays by his own rules!!!

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Newest episode was great, especially the Seinfeld and Gay Week at Disney talk.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I still can't believe that Will Wheaton is 39.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I listened to maybe 5 episodes of UYD about a year ago and thought it was hilarious but never really got into it because there wasn't much time I had to listen to an hour long thing. Now I commute to school on a bus and am usually on it for 40 minutes to an hour every weekday. So now I have ~285 hours of podcast to listen to. :ohdear:

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

IS A MAN NOT ENTITLED TO THE SWEAT DROP DOWN MY BALLS?

Fun Times! posted:

I listened to maybe 5 episodes of UYD about a year ago and thought it was hilarious but never really got into it because there wasn't much time I had to listen to an hour long thing. Now I commute to school on a bus and am usually on it for 40 minutes to an hour every weekday. So now I have ~285 hours of podcast to listen to. :ohdear:

Just make sure you start from the beginning. When I first started listening to them I kind of jumped around a bit, someone told me the 80's was a good place to start, so I went from there, to some earlier eps, and then listening to that weeks' newest episode. It's incredibly frustrating to listen to 20 minutes of an episode and then realize that you've heard it already especially if it's sort of a mediocre one.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Judging from my last.fm account I must have downloaded the latest episodes at the time and didn't get into the backlog at all. Is it really good to start from the start? I don't want to wait a bunch of episodes for them to hit their stride or whatever.
Then again what the hell why not.
e. poo poo don't listen to podcasts while doing homework or anything productive. I haven't done poo poo in half an hour.

Fun Times! fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Sep 29, 2011

Nadine Hauklund
May 17, 2002

A boy's best friend is his mother.

Fun Times! posted:

Judging from my last.fm account I must have downloaded the latest episodes at the time and didn't get into the backlog at all. Is it really good to start from the start? I don't want to wait a bunch of episodes for them to hit their stride or whatever.
Then again what the hell why not.

That is the craziest loving thing about this podcast; it is FULLY good from the start. It's not even like an evolution of style. They come on with a certain style and it's practically indistinguishable from the most recent episode. That's not to say that the show doesn't change; it's just so consistently awesome. They do so little on current event poo poo that if you weren't paying attention you wouldn't necessarily know what year the episode came from. And even then you can only tell because of which old lady happens to be the oldest person alive.

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

From what I understand, they did a bunch of test episodes to get a rhythm and they've deviated very little from it. Best podcast :)

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Lil Jon Galt posted:

From what I understand, they did a bunch of test episodes to get a rhythm and they've deviated very little from it. Best podcast :)

Those episodes come out sometime in the 100's when Jonathan goes on tour

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I'm listening to the first episode and you guys are right. They might be talking about Superbowl XL but their delivery and chemistry and general ways aren't much different.

e. Another thing I noticed: In the earlier episodes it's mostly Seth talking and Jonathan spends a lot of his time laughing at his jokes, which at first I thought kind of stunk because it made me think that the equality of the two was slightly skewed. Upon closer inspection I have a strong feeling it's because Jonathan was stoned a lot of the time, which makes everything better.

Fun Times! fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Sep 29, 2011

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Nadine Hauklund posted:

That is the craziest loving thing about this podcast; it is FULLY good from the start. It's not even like an evolution of style. They come on with a certain style and it's practically indistinguishable from the most recent episode. That's not to say that the show doesn't change; it's just so consistently awesome. They do so little on current event poo poo that if you weren't paying attention you wouldn't necessarily know what year the episode came from. And even then you can only tell because of which old lady happens to be the oldest person alive.

Its always been consistent but back then, in those golden times of To Catch A Predator, there was an extra magic in the episodes.
Its such a crazy show, it was made for UYD to talk about it.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet

Fun Times! posted:

I'm listening to the first episode and you guys are right. They might be talking about Superbowl XL but their delivery and chemistry and general ways aren't much different.

e. Another thing I noticed: In the earlier episodes it's mostly Seth talking and Jonathan spends a lot of his time laughing at his jokes, which at first I thought kind of stunk because it made me think that the equality of the two was slightly skewed. Upon closer inspection I have a strong feeling it's because Jonathan was stoned a lot of the time, which makes everything better.

Stoned or not, would you laugh less then him if you had Seth in front of you?

Yanni Estacado
May 3, 2007

by T. Mascis

Riptor posted:

Seinfeld plays by his own rules!!!

that was a great bit. anyone know what ep the "what's the deal with star 69?" one is on?

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

Yanni Estacado posted:

that was a great bit. anyone know what ep the "what's the deal with star 69?" one is on?

episode 36, within the first ten minutes

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Was super excited by their call for early meth docs this week. I bought a 22 year old issue of "Spin" magazine on eBay a while back with a crazy article about crystal meth's growing presence as a party drug. I scanned it this morning and emailed it in, I really hope they read parts of it on the air - the quotes from users are absolutely loving ridiculous and would sound great in Seth and Jah's spoiled California party kid voices (i.e., Miss X, a 21-year old with a steady job who has been using since age 13, describes her Friday night: "I did some crystal, around $10 worth, then a friend came over and we did four more lines of speed. I topped that with a quarter hit of LSD. When we got back to my house around 2 in the morning we did another quarter hit of acid, a huge line of speed and, of course, some beers. We were hoping for some pot, but it never showed.")

Asnorban posted:

Episode 8? I am going solely off of a Google for that quote and UYD, and one of the descriptions showed up with "Shiatsu" in it, but not the others.

He says "Sports, shiatsu, sensual" in that one, but it's not the occurrence I'm thinking of, when he follows it up with "I'm red roses on a Tuesday..." and something else that sounds like he pulled it straight from a country song. (Afterwards, Jah says that if Seth posted that on Craiglist or an online dating site, he'd definitely get laid.)

Remember: James Bond is a secret agent who gets mad laid. His catchphrases are "I'll be back," and "Fuggedaboudit!"

your heart
Oct 24, 2010

beating right next to me

Baron Patsy posted:

this is such a great episode, it's also the one where jah starts talking about people filming a child being born with a special camera and seeing its aura and seth just goes "well nope that didn't happen but go on"

That tiny little section is hilarious. It's like thirty seconds but it makes me laugh just thinking about it. Seth's reaction is just perfect. "Nooope."

UYD is the best.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Was 'consummate' the word Jah was looking for? I haven't finished the episode yet so he may have figured out the answer to his expert ninja thief riddle.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Cervixalot posted:

Was 'consummate' the word Jah was looking for? I haven't finished the episode yet so he may have figured out the answer to his expert ninja thief riddle.

I figured he meant 'cat burglar'.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

I love this poo poo. I started at the beginning not too long ago and am up to ep 53. Sooo good.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

Drewsky posted:

I love this poo poo. I started at the beginning not too long ago and am up to ep 53. Sooo good.

I remember thinking to myself "Ep 35 is where it really rockets off" Then "Nope it's somewhere in the 50s that this gets wild" But "Ahaha the episodes in the 80s are loving mental" Well "Except for the 110s and onward, that's money" And it actually hasn't ceased yet.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Did Ricky Gervais really call in and leave a voicemail?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SullivanPRIME
Mar 17, 2009

Drewsky posted:

Did Ricky Gervais really call in and leave a voicemail?

Yeah literally actually Ricky Gervais