Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Kanye west, Travis barker and jonathon Preston laroquette together at last

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

does anyone have the Seth clip where he is freaking out an ad audition?

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.
Audio in the new space is different. I wonder if that’s the set up or the acoustics of the room.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Loving the new set-up. Pretty sure they do the covid Gallup poll segment twice in this episode for some reason, lol.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Where are the new EPs? It's been a month.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Guido Merkens posted:

Audio in the new space is different. I wonder if that’s the set up or the acoustics of the room.

oof yeah, it sounds pretty awful tbh. i bet jonathan just hosed something up as usual

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Crescendo posted:

I have to shake my head when I hear there were actually people out there who got upset because they never received their UYD shirt, or that it was super late. Did those people even LISTEN to the show?

The second they found out Jonathan had anything to do with it they must have realised the chances of them actually getting the merch were 50-50 AT BEST. Consider it a donation; a "possibility" or a "feeling" that one day you MIGHT own a sweet shirt. Isn't that enough? :lol:

I mean I do get it - people and their hard-earned money is a sensitive issue, and I agree that charging people for goods and services and not delivering IS hosed up, even if you're not actively malevolent about it. But come on...are you a fan or not? Saying that you got ripped off by Jah's innate ability to screw everything up and then having a laugh about it is WAY better than owning a dumb shirt.

Yeah my thumb drive ended up being a torn, empty envelope and I just laughed and was like "yeah that's about right."

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Jah breaking a 100k mail sorting machine and never knowing is extremely on brand.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

jah mailing out dozens or hundreds of sheets of metal in letter envelopes is the funniest goddamn thing, he probably caused the current USPS budget crisis

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Watching Jonathan's twitch stream right now, and its pretty great! Janky of course but some pretty sweet tunes.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

S: Could we start a family, like a Smodcast network of podcasts but we trick people, it's actually you and I-
J: just under other monikers
S: "Hey, it's Lacrosse Nuts!" and we talk about lacrosse? We trick 'em. "It's Antoine and Fisher: Lacrosse Talk!"
J: "Antoine and Fisher". That's so stupid! That's such a dumb reference. I mean it's just like, what's wrong with our brains? I think sometimes about the things that I say and the fact that they're right there, why is that here right now? Why did you come into this room?
S: You're in my house!
J: You're in my words and my thoughts and you come out of my mouth!

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

n8r posted:

Where are the new EPs? It's been a month.

Was wondering the same, especially since people were talking about the new ep, and found it's up as a video for $5+ patreon subscribers, but isn't available as an audio file or anywhere else. This has happened a few times before and it's annoying af

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
I thought that's how it's been for a while, whether intentionally or un-, I've always gotten the video notification on Patreon a few days before the podcast audio goes up in the feed.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Hmm, maybe. I've never kept track of the videos since I prefer listening to the show while I do other stuff. I just remember there were a few times I was wondering where the heck the new ep was, going on their patreon and finding a video that I pulled audio from. Sometimes it took a long time for a legit mp3 version to go up. I'm not subbed to any patreon stuff atm so I guess I'll wait for it to show up

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I think it's fairly common for the videos to go up like a week before it goes up on the podcast feed, for whatever reason.

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.

General Dog posted:

for whatever reason.
I mean, after the last page of t-shirt and mailing chat, I think we all know the reason lol

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

I think that's how things like this often work now? Pay $1 a month or more and get them asap or wait and get them when they're uploaded. Nothing wrong with the boys incentivizing their content so they can be supported to make it.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Claes Oldenburger posted:

Yeah Jah might even just give it all to Seth.

i fuckin hope so. UYD is the only show i still send any money to. Seth deserves it. this fuckin thing has been going about 15 years, bonkers.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

General Dog posted:

I think it's fairly common for the videos to go up like a week before it goes up on the podcast feed, for whatever reason.

Almost positive that this is because Jeff does the video upload and Jonathan does the audio upload

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Almost positive that this is because Jeff does the video upload and Jonathan does the audio upload

lol that tracks

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord

JethroMcB posted:

only merch issue I've ever had was they sent the black Cali license plate pin in a normal envelope and that thing 100% did not make it through the USPS sorting machinery. I received an empty envelope that had been ripped in half.

I had the exact same thing happen, the bottom of the envelope wore through as it went through the machinery. I didn't sweat it, i'm not gonna chase the boys down over 20 bucks or whatever. I had other merch go through just fine so I just considered that a lil extra donation for the pre-patreon days.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

This checks out

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

lol at the sound quality in the new episode. the way it changes as Seth talks rules

mistermojo fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 18, 2021

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

the sounds crap, because the mics didn't record (or was lost) the audio comes from the camera audio.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
The sound in the second new episode is much better.

Was anyone else surprised to hear that Jah and Seth live over 100 miles apart? Is that because of Seth's move or have they always been that far apart?

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Jeff Wiiver posted:

The sound in the second new episode is much better.

Was anyone else surprised to hear that Jah and Seth live over 100 miles apart? Is that because of Seth's move or have they always been that far apart?

Jonathan moved to Palm Desert (or at least his girlfriend lives there) a while back which is over 100 miles away from Hollywood

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

Jonathan moved to Palm Desert (or at least his girlfriend lives there) a while back which is over 100 miles away from Hollywood
Ahh, that makes sense.

Seth's story about walking into a closed salad restaurant cracked me up.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Jeff Wiiver posted:

Honestly I thought that was a bit they were doing lol

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

So did he, uhh, fly back every week for the episode??

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

isn't that like a 2h drive? that's not so bad once or twice a week

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Only twice a month; they record 2 in one day now

soupy.
Jun 2, 2019

flesh dance posted:

Only twice a month; they record 2 in one day now

When they switched how many episodes they uploaded, wasn't it from one a week to two a week? Have they changed their upload "schedule"? I don't get notifications for when they upload new episodes so I just check spotify every 2-3 weeks because it seems like they've been really inconsistent for a while (not complaining at all, just saying that's why I don't check often). Did they officially change their schedule from two a week to 2-at-once every two weeks or something like that?

I'm not crazy, right? It was definitely two episodes a week? Am I crazy?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Adding a major commute to the podcast only makes it more true to southern California culture.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

soupy. posted:

When they switched how many episodes they uploaded, wasn't it from one a week to two a week? Have they changed their upload "schedule"? I don't get notifications for when they upload new episodes so I just check spotify every 2-3 weeks because it seems like they've been really inconsistent for a while (not complaining at all, just saying that's why I don't check often). Did they officially change their schedule from two a week to 2-at-once every two weeks or something like that?

I'm not crazy, right? It was definitely two episodes a week? Am I crazy?

I think they space out the actual upload by a day or two, but they've been doing two on the same day for a while now.

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Ep. 580 - Seth at 1:20:00 ish, describes how he sent an 8x10 of him to a vegetarian restaurant to be hung on the wall, walks in to try and find it, probably gets seen, walks out immediately.

Jah calls him a has been nothing actor and laughs the entire time he tells the story.

A classic Seth moment.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

The 500s are so solid.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

MechaSeinfeld posted:

With Daedalus on the decks. That was a weird cameo

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

MechaSeinfeld posted:

What is this in reference too, please?

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Lampsacus posted:

What is this in reference too, please?

horrible song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
Am I going insane or did they do the entire USA Today Snapshots bit (including the story about Jonathan's teacher friend) twice in a row on ep 838? I thought my app glitched out but they said different poo poo the second time.