Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I feel like this comes up every year or so but it's a shame the wiki went under, or that no one has tried restoring it somehow. It was a great repository of quotes and finding the music when Jah wasn't listing it in the show notes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The thing Jonathan mentions as "the Mariners Creed" thing in 888 is "Marlins Will Soar" by Scott Stapp, and it is worth a click.

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

DrVenkman posted:

I feel like this comes up every year or so but it's a shame the wiki went under, or that no one has tried restoring it somehow. It was a great repository of quotes and finding the music when Jah wasn't listing it in the show notes.

I miss the wiki so much

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I love the boys

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
What’s in the crust?
It’s chowdah

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Shocked that Seth enjoyed Phantom of the Paradise lol

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

GraPar posted:

Shocked that Seth enjoyed Phantom of the Paradise lol

That movie owns, but Seth has the strangest taste. Truly unpredictable.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I've given up on trying to decide when Seth is being sincere about his (dis)like for something and when he's playing it up for the show. I'm just here for the reactions now, whatever they may be.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
I'm just amazed that Seth will do stuff like encounter a deranged prophet who gives him a flyer, then set down a notepad and call the number the next day just to see what will happen. Or go talk to scientology recruiters.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

C-Euro posted:

I've given up on trying to decide when Seth is being sincere about his (dis)like for something and when he's playing it up for the show. I'm just here for the reactions now, whatever they may be.

after years of listening i believe he's sincere about everything he says unless he's using his obvious sarcasm voice

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Balls on your forehead.

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

Milwaukee show was a blast, the boys were in rare form

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

490 popped up on my regular feed, even before Patreon.

It’s an amazing episode. Jonathan complaining about how you can get a deaf Uber driver but he can’t drive with headphones is just…..pure him

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I had totally forgotten about someone rushing the stage at their last Milwaukee live show, if it even came through in the recording.

VV Yeah it was so good, I liked that movie but I never would have guessed Seth would for how esoteric it is. Great episode all around.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Nov 10, 2021

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The utter disgust Seth had with himself for enjoying Dune was delightful.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
What do you know about radon?
You mean Tommy Chong’s daughter?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Where are the episodes, Jonathan?

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Jonathan doing the deaf uber driver bit and going "sorry, sorry" when some audience members get mad

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Jah’s right. why can’t I wear headphones. lol

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

It’s legal in oregon, you can also drive barefoot

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
This extended bit in 892 about how Josh Duamel is the most famous person from North Dakota is made even funnier by the fact that I have absolutely no idea who Josh Duamel is.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
One of the first UYD episodes I listened to back in 2009 had a Duhamel bit that tickled me and I had no idea who he was at the time.

Episode 149 - "Get me to Duhamel."

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I was listening to an early 200's ep today. Can you imagine if the lads went on that NKOTB cruise. That would have been the best.

A For Effort
Apr 29, 2017

by Azathoth
it's very sincere car

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

C-Euro posted:

This extended bit in 892 about how Josh Duamel is the most famous person from North Dakota is made even funnier by the fact that I have absolutely no idea who Josh Duamel is.

Leslie Bibb is the second most famous person from North Dakota.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

"Not MY Grampa" or "NOT My Grampa"?

soupy.
Jun 2, 2019

I don't know if anyone has ever done this, but even if they have it's a pretty cool thing. I transcribed King Leyda
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HERE IS MY NOTEPAD
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UHH YEAH DUDE 576
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhsMLxMByyA

(HOW THIS WAS FOUND: Jonathan does not remember writing this at all. His mom had been doing some spring cleaning and found a storage unit of old Jonathan artwork and poo poo and this was in there. This is explained at the end of the clip.)

THE STORY OF MY LIFE
Written by:
Jonathen Larroquette
Decemember 18, 1990

A fiction piece about a dystopian future about Los Angeles "under siege"

STORY

It was December 19th, 2016, and misery has hit LA. Savages roamed the streets, killing those who rebelled against them. This was the second Christmas spent in such a horrid way. Many of my relatives have been killed by these so-called "soldiers" of their overlord King Layda.

I was a journalist for an underground newspaper that told the truth about what was taking place during the reign of King Layda. The King and his elite force of human killing machines could've had me killed in a minute, but for some strange reason... they had yet to do so.

One night when I was in my home with my girlfriend, a few of the soldiers came in and stuck a needle in me.

The next thing I knew
I was at the feet
of the man many people call King

He looked down at me in a despising way. He then laughed, and said "so you are the one who got some pretty big words about me". In reply, I said, "discussing my career with you is of no interest to me".
He ordered the guards out, and he began to speak:
"I HAVE MORE DEMORE, BUT MO' PEOPLE BE LIKIN' YOU 'DEN ME"
"I NEED YOU TO TELL PEOPLE DAT I BE HELPIN 'DEM"
"IF THEY BOW TO ME, AND CALL ME "DA KING 'O THEIR LIVES", IN RETURN FOR YOUR KIND DOINGS I PAY YOU TWO MILLION CASH"

I asked him if I could show him something, he agreed, so I did so. I showed him some of the results of his actions; I showed him deformed children, whole families living in a dumpster, and people starving to death because they were no longer able to walk. For Layda's soldiers had beaten them so severely, I looked in his eyes. There were tears in them. Soon the tears began streaming down his face. He stood up. I stood as well.

He embraced me and apologized. Still crying, he rang a buzzer and his guards entered the room.
He ordered a message to be broadcast through all of Los Angeles.
He was giving all the money back to LA, and withdrawing as King.
His last words were this:
"Thank you. You have shown me how wrong I have been all this time. Greed is like a whirlpool, it takes you in and you become part of it. It takes complete control of you, until YOU, finally go down the drain."
--
---

---
E: spelling mistakes here and there i assume. this is the first draft lol

soupy. fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Dec 20, 2021

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
UYD: Straight Glampin

A For Effort
Apr 29, 2017

by Azathoth
THREETWOTHREEFOUREIGHTONEFOURFOURTWOTWOOOOO

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Hollywood Blacklist in 897 :toot: The time loop thief script will have begun filming with Jennifer Lawrence in the lead role by...I'll say end of 2025.

Also they mentioned that Free Guy had been in a Blacklist from years past, anyone know what episode that one was mentioned?

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Watching people you’re with win is winning?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

C-Euro posted:

Hollywood Blacklist in 897 :toot: The time loop thief script will have begun filming with Jennifer Lawrence in the lead role by...I'll say end of 2025.

Also they mentioned that Free Guy had been in a Blacklist from years past, anyone know what episode that one was mentioned?

I think it would be Episode #549, since Free Guy was on the 2016 list.

(Other 2016 Blacklist scripts that have made it to production: Hotel Artemis; Bad Education; America: The Motion Picture; I, Tonya; Villains; Late Night; Mother; I Think We're Alone Now; O2; The Post; Life Itself. I'm starting to think maybe being on the Blacklist isn't necessarily an indicator of quality!)

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
The 25 things you didn't know about me segments are so funny.

Episode 891 (at 5:40)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vi837dadqA

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

We are only 101 episodes away from Seth promising to learn how to moonwalk for episode 1000.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Did Jah ever get his custom made guitar back?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

quote:

Cognitive performance is slightly reduced among those with higher levels of celebrity worship, according to a new study published in BMC Psychology.

“Interest in the topic of celebrity worshipers spans almost two decades. From several studies, over that period, research showed a weak to moderate tendency for those who showed the strongest admiration for their favorite celebrity to have lower cognitive skills, using a variety of cognitive measures,” explained study authors Lynn E. McCutcheon, Ágnes Zsila, and Zsolt Demetrovics in a joint statement to PsyPost.
Source

Would love to hear the guys’ take on this, not least because I can already hear Seth losing his absolute mind at the idea of Hungarian participants and presumably Hungarian celebrities.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Fly Ricky posted:

Did Jah ever get his custom made guitar back?

Think so, sometime last year. He talked about it, but I can't remember the episode.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Very good "[...] 888-842-2357" in 898.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

pooch516 posted:

Think so, sometime last year. He talked about it, but I can't remember the episode.
Yeah it was from posting it on his insta, I think. I can't believe they are going to hit ep 1000! I wonder if they'll retire at that point? Or change the format? I also can't believe they haven't switched to a $5 a month/every 2nd ep behind the wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
J: Would you like to reduce cockroach sex?
S: No.
J: Well never mind.